Evolution of a Pedalboard - 1999 to now

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Scott Peterson, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

I was going through my hard drive looking for files (unrelated to this) for work and kept finding old shots of my pedalboards through the years.

So I did a Google Desktop search and turned up the following. I thought it'd be interesting to see the evolution of at least one player's stuff over the years.

So.... if you have the time to do the same, chime in and show what you have done over time!

First up, June 1999:
    [​IMG]

October 1999:
    [​IMG]

October 2000:
    [​IMG]

August 2001:
    [​IMG]

October 2002:
    [​IMG]

January 2004:
    [​IMG]

March 2004:
    [​IMG]

August 2004:
    [​IMG]

November 2005
    [​IMG]

December 2005
    [​IMG]

January 2006
    [​IMG]

2. lanervoza

lanervoza Member

3. TimH

TimH Member

wow some crazy changes there Scott. I too am distressed at the lack of a delay on your board.

4. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

jesus, scott, how many looopers do you own? And what version of the RAT is that?

5. Scott Peterson

Wow guys, don't take it personally. I have a Echopark around somewhere. :D

The Rat is the Keeley modded one. Absolutely killer pedal with a Plexi style amp. BOOM.

I've had a few looopers; the two on there currently are the two I have now. I should have never sold the 4 loop/Tuner Mute one that is on the left of the August 2004 board. Needed money though....

6. Leftee

Leftee Guest

There's even a pedal with your name on it! That's pretty special! :p

I have some pedalboard evolution pictures scattered around my HDD. Mine strech over a few months though.

7. grego7

grego7 has left the building Gold Supporting Member

Very very cool thread. Kind of like looking back at an old yearbook, but instead of "this was my preppy/punk rock/goth phase", you have "this was my line 6 phase..."

The pictures speak well of your fulltone clyde as that has stuck through the test of time. Kind of surprised to see the tim and timmy gone, but surely you have them within easy reach.

By the way, what was that danelectro pedal?

8. ASATClassic

ASATClassic Member

Moral of the story: Fulltone makes a great wah!

9. einstein

einstein Member

why did you drop the v stack? I have an original big box rat that sounds good with brite fender amps since it has a nice midrange knob , but it has been in the closet for almost 20 years replaced by custom tube units. i have never owned a v stack but always was interested in them.

10. Scott Peterson

Tim was sold to get Timmy; Timmy is right here next to me. Just tools of the game, on the board or not, it is one of my alltime favorite pedals.

The V-Stack is a killer crunch, but very bright when you roll off your volume knob, which I do a lot of. The Rat isn't original - it has been modded by Robert Keeley.

I have owned the Clyde there since new, October 1997. It is serial number 44. It is, flat out, IMHO, the finest wah I have ever touched. I'll never have another wah; just keep this one going and going and going.... I've had Mike Fuller replace the pot and the inductor in the years I have owned because I simply wore it out. The Clyde was also the POD XTL and G-System killer in the end, I use a lot of wah in my bands and the Clyde is *my* wah. Nothing else will do.

11. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Biggus Bearfootus Vendor

Nice time travelin tour there thanks...

Also had a useful 'DUH!' moment... running your cable under the board is a good shock absorber, similar to running the guitar end thru the strap.... Ill be doin that from now on thanks....:BEER

12. gururyan

gururyan Member

Duh! :jo
    That is a great idea, I will also be doing this from now on.

13. Toasted

Toasted Member

It's cool to see how your board evolved. I wish I had shots of mine in stages like that :)

14. suhr_rodney

suhr_rodney Supporting Member

Excellent pics and thanks for sharing. As I watch this evolution I can't help but wonder what it would look like to graph the number of pedals on your board alongside the S&P 500.

15. Scott Peterson

Any correlation would be entirely accidental - I assure you.

If you track the evolution vs. the bands/projects I am in, then you'll see the reasons behind it all though...

16. flicker180

flicker180 Member

i thought you grabbed a G System?

dave

17. Scott Peterson

I did and loved it, but got hiss when I used it with the Germino's and GDS amps. I love the Germino's (and the GDS 18watt) more than the fancy pedalboard, so I went back to straight up analog.

In my case, "go with what you know" really does mean just that. I love the pedals I have and also like that I can tweak on the fly.

And in the end, the damn Clyde is "my" wah. Anything else just isn't what the Clyde *is*. The G-System has a great wah, really good. But it ain't no Clyde. So there you are.

18. msp

msp Member

from oct 2000 to aug 2004 you have a tiny little purple pedal placed next to your fulltone

wass that one

19. Josh O

Josh O Member

Scott's secret weapon for his wah which I'm surprised is not on the current pedalboard

20. playon

playon Supporting Member

Less Line 6 = mo' bettah!

So, what's the deal with all the looopers, each effect on it's own loop so you just leave the FX on all the time?