Excellent service from Lava Cable!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by guitarstar81, Feb 5, 2008.

1. guitarstar81

guitarstar81 Member

Hey guys, I know Mark has a great rep around here, but I figured I'd pile on a few more kudos. I was interested in the Lava Mini ELC Solderless pedalboard kit, and he answered my questions within minutes. I ordered 2 of the kits plus some extra plugs, and got them faster than expected. One of the plugs was damaged in shipping (the last one I went to use, wouldn't you know it?) and Mark replied back to my email regarding this within 6 minutes, at just after 5 AM his time, saying he would send me a replacement. That was Saturday, the plug showed today (Monday.) I just wanted to say thanks publicly to Mark for being quick, helpful, and great to work with!

Oh, and the cables are fantastic! They replaced the Planet Waves Cablestation cables I had for a few years prior, and they certainly sound and feel better. :AOK

2. tonio19

tonio19 Member

So he is alive? I e-mailed him a few questions about the ELC kit almost a week ago... nothing yet? This is his address? Right? I thought he might be slow coming back from NAMM or something. I am trying to set up a board and need my cables as well.
    If he has another address than this, will you post it? Thanks. Tony
    mark@lavacable.com

3. johan

johan Member

Agree! Very good service, great products and fast (international) shipping at a good price. Outstanding products!

4. hbentley

hbentley Member

i'd call him. he was excellent to deal with when i got a bunch of patch cables a few months ago.

5. musickbox

musickbox Supporting Member

+1, He does great work. I have ordered small cables from him. Super fast response and delivery.

6. guitarstar81

guitarstar81 Member

yes, that's his address. If you emailed him around NAMM, it's possible the emails got buried. I'd try again, or as suggested, call him! :dude

7. giggedy

giggedy Member

I'm pretty excited to get the elc kit. I'm doing a whole overhaul of my cables soon (won $100 from superbowl) and I'm pretty sure I'm going to pair the elc kit with elc cables. I've just got to figure out how I'm going to mount the pedals, I think I want to make my own board.

Question: I was having trouble deciding between the ELC cables and Melody for going from guitar>pedals and pedals>amp. Anyone have experience with both the ELC and Melody?

8. giggedy

giggedy Member

9. m.z.

m.z. "Musician" /Gear Hoarder

I'm interested too.....

10. CWFurst

CWFurst Member

Great products and great communication too for me.

11. Bloomfield fan

Bloomfield fan Silver Supporting Member

I have recently ordered several items from Mark and he has been fantastic to work with and quick shipping. 2 of the items I purchased are the ELC pedalboard kit and some Evidence monorail. I am very pleased with the results of the new wiring kit. Fairly easy to work with, look great and sound even better.

12. giggedy

giggedy Member

what made you decide to get the elc and melody? why both of them and not just one?

13. dancehall

dancehall Member

Another great service experience here. I accidentally ordered the wrong kind of patch cables (the form on the website was sort of confusing) and received cables with straight ends. Mark changed them to right angle plugs for no extra charge. Good guy!

14. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

Mark is one of the best. Very helpful! :dude

15. thisfire

thisfire Member

Mark is the best...this is one of those threads that could go on for 25 pages :)

16. Barnaby, Hardly

Barnaby, Hardly Member

+1 on a great service.

Mark was real helpful in answering my questions. Plus I ordered my ELC cable kits and Cardas Crosslink speaker lead on the 16th and they arrived in the UK today (22nd), which was much faster than I anticipated.

17. zzz

zzz Member

Yes he's lightning fast at answering emails + having really great service!

18. m.z.

Yeah.... he was super fast getting back to me.... took less than an hour..... then I replied and he answered that email in 5 minutes. great! I tend to annoy even the most mellow and cool manufacturers with my wordy question filled emails.... if he was bugged he didn't show it!

(I actually pissed off Bob Sweet back in the day when ordering my mojo vibe...any word on how he's doing by the way? I heard the Savage guy was having some health problems too...hope everything improves for them both!)

Anyway...I ordered one of the pedal board kits from musiciansfriend.com (had a gift certificate :dude) can't wait to give it a shot!

19. guitardr

guitardr Silver Supporting Member

Good guy.
    Blew/overlooked a plug on a Tara cable and swapped it out quickly, although I had to play the shipping.
    He could be real busy due to his growing rep.
    He's also a vet: cut him some slack.

20. m.z.

Oh.... I wasn't being pushy or anything... I just ask alot of questions. He was really cool.