EXH 9 series pedals--- real world experience?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by filtersweep, Apr 27, 2016.

1. filtersweep

filtersweep Member

I am tossing around the idea of buying one of those EHX synth/organ in a box pedals. You know the type: they sound awesome in the youtube videos, track flawlessly, etc.

Does anyone have one? And do you use it? When I consider how inaccurate my Boss octave pedal is at times, I am skeptical about how forgiving these things are.

They are a bit pricey to use as a toy, and they don't have that many sounds in them. Are they 'worth it?' And how easily are they applied to live situations-- as in the mix? The youtube vids are usually just solo stuff. I have read that they are not designed to replace a keyboard- but if not that, what use are they?

2. ChicagoJoe

ChicagoJoe Member

I love the sound of the B9 and I'll write songs and parts specifically for it. The one thing that drives me nuts is that I have to feed it its own power from 9V adaptor, otherwise there is a humming noise. It's bad with a daisy chain. I'll even hook it up to my Pedal Power and it will still ring. If you plan to put it on your board, that aspect will be annoying. Otherwise, it plays well and sounds very good.

filtersweep likes this.