Expanding Pedalboard Power

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Jujo, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Jujo

Jujo Supporting Member

What is are some of the recommended methods to get more power on your pedalboard. I plan to run a PP2+ on a Pedaltrain2. But I'm going to need more than 8 power connections. How do people get around this?

I'm thinking I could run a DC Brick off the PP2+ (must check wattage), or maybe a 1spot? What are you guys doing?

Thanks

2. frizbplaya

frizbplaya Member

So far I've made it on 1 pp2, but when I need more power I plan on getting a second pp2 and plugging it into the AC out on the first pp2.

3. DocRock

DocRock Supporting Member

That's what I'd do.

4. somedude

somedude Member

Each tap provides 100mA of power (5 and 6 provide 200mA on the PP2 and 250mA on the PP2+).

Since most pedals use way under 100mA (I think a Boss DS-1 uses around 4mA if I remember correctly) you can use one of those 5 output multi-tap things to expand each jack to power 5 or more pedals. Just look up the current draw of each pedal you use and ensure you don't go over the 100mA rating.

5. pbone

pbone Member

You can daisy chain off the PP2+, just get a one spot cable. No need for a second adapter. If you're using analog pedals, you could realistically daisy chain 10 pedals up to one outlet.

6. Jujo

Jujo Supporting Member

7. Shawn S.

Shawn S. Member

Ditto on the information!

I was just getting ready to ask a similar question myself regarding daisy chain cables.

8. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

maybe use something like a peterson tuner, tu-2 or other power-supplyable pedal and use it to power some of the extra 9vs that aren't picky with power (boss, ibanez, etc)

9. jb1911

jb1911 Member

This is what I do and it works great. Just plug it into 5 or 6 and you'll be fine.

10. Jason Carter

Jason Carter Member

By daisy chaining off of 5 or 6 could there be a chance for a ground loop?