Expensive Japan Guitar great.

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Randell scott, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Randell scott

Randell scott Member

Have you ever noticed Japan has some expensive great exclusive guitars. Thr Greco company is back and they make great stuff. Limited edition Tesico coming out and going to be made better than the old Junk. And then their is this. I love it. Can not get it here in the United States. Wow. I love Japan guitars. Vintage as well. But this. My mind is blown away. Wow. What do you think of this guitar. Ten thousand dollars.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  2. Randell scott

Randell scott Member

Have you or any one you know ever paid 10 grand for a guitar? If I had the money I would. I love this guitar. Am I wrong for thinking that way? And is the quality any better because of the high price? Or do you pay for the name.

3. fred dons

fred dons Member

10 grand is a bit steep although I have paid it for European and US high end guitars so perhaps it is a bit of a prejudice from my side that I find it to steep. thing is that you can get MIJ guitars equal in quality for much much less (but perhaps not fully oneoff with such nice woods used)
    ESP can be quite expensive in their top end but they do make a very very good guitar

4. Randell scott

Randell scott Member

I need a great guitar builder to build me one with my own head stock! I love that guitar and the Greco Shrike.

5. dazco

dazco Member

I suppose whether it's worth 10k is subjective. If you must have it and have the $ then maybe it's the way to go. I would just make one observation. Not to rain on anyone's parade but it should be considered when buying something like this that you should (if it's even possible) be sure you'll want to keep it for life because trying to get anywhere near your initial investment if you try o see it will be impossible. It's hard to sell anything unusual for normal money, but if i had to take a gues, trying to a 10K guitar that not a common in demand brand/model will probably fetch a couple grand at most unless you happen to find someone looking for that exact guitar which is very unlikely. So consider resale when you buy something like that and think long and hard about how sure you are you will keep it for life. Personally i cannot know that in the least till I've owned a guitar for some time, and even then tastes or other things can change.

6. thiscalltoarms

thiscalltoarms more gadgets than Batman. Gold Supporting Member

I can't imagine that being worth more than 3k. Market demand for pointy shaped explorers isn't particularly at all a time high like it was in the 80s...

I'd also personally never sink more than 2k into a guitar with a Floyd, there are too many guitarists out there that dispise them...

7. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

I'm having trouble seeing $10k in that guitar, too. It's nice, but it's not double a Private Stock PRS nice, and those would be much easier to sell. It's not twice a Baker nice...

8. T Dizz

T Dizz Member

Once you drive that thing off the lot, you're gonna lose 2K at least

9. Deed_Poll

Deed_Poll Member

I've always quite liked the Yajima String Works Tsubasa:
    [​IMG]

10. whitehall

whitehall Member

You can buy any guitar that's in Japan thru several stores in Tokyo and any number of buying services. Buyee, jauce, rinkya are 3 of the more reliable.

11. s2y

s2y Member

I think it's neat and I enjoy Floyd guitars. I don't enjoy it enough to pay more than $2k.

12. Horizon

Horizon Member

When ESP hit the 10k mark, it mostly involve some kind of custom shape design. This one have a special edge shape and I believe it has to be fully hand crafted. I know you can just draw a picture and ask ESP to do whatever you told them. Takamizawa Toshihiko used to have some really crazy ESPs. This one was marked about 15,000$.

[​IMG]

13. Jahn

Jahn Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver Supporting Member

The one that I had to get used to was the high prices for Gretsch Guitars, most of which are now made in Japan. By now folks are pretty much used to it, but I remember it took a while to wrap the noggin around the concept of an expensive Japanese made guitar - especially when it was branded as Gretsch, which had a nasty earlier experience with Japanese-made guitars in the 70s.

14. Lost_Cause

Lost_Cause Member

Not to pick nits but their website says that this is a US production guitar. Very cool. Might keep that one in my back pocket if an occasion for a guitar arises.

15. bigtone23

bigtone23 Member

I played a new $10K Yamaha dreadnaught at GC when the Yamaha rep had a Yamaha guitar show in the store. It was really nice, but to be honest, when the law of diminishing returns kicks in, I don't perceive the value added to a guitar much past $3K.

16. soulohio

soulohio Member

I did the Tsubasa.. seems like alot of cash for a bolt on neck though

17. The_Whale

The_Whale Member

Is that a Japan rug the Japan guitar is placed on?

I love Japan rugs.

18. DustyRhodesJr

DustyRhodesJr Supporting Member

It even has the Clapton Cut!

19. soulohio

soulohio Member

first guitar looks similar to Akira Takasaki's axe... did he play an ESP? Now that guy has some tone