Experience with Atomic Support

BWebb

Has anyone had any experience with exceptionally long wait times with Atomic support? I sent a CLR in for repair back in June and was quoted a turn around time of 2-3 weeks. Now it's 4 months later and I still don't have any idea when I'm getting it back.

They have been responsive to emails basically saying they haven't gotten to it yet. I understand we're still in the middle of a pandemic, but I was just curious if this is more or less the norm. For those that have had repair tickets with Atomic in the past, what was your average wait time?

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Silver Supporting Member
Tom King helped me via telephone (!) twice. Great support in that regard. Jace seems helpful but atm; seems like the only one really chiming in when I see their name coming up. The CLR is awesome; so hopefully you get your issue resolved soon.

Atomic Amps

Hi BWebb, I'll reach out to you via support at well. Thanks for your patience during these difficult times.

We have had some parts sourcing issues due to the pandemic that has put certain service repairs on hold. Also, one of our key service employees has also been on leave for several months due to a flare up of chronic illness. This has led to some very long lead times that are unacceptable for our normal service standard. We understand that it is frustrating for some our customers. We thank you for your patience and understanding.

The good news is that we are fixing the bottlenecks. We have just added someone to our service staff and also just got in a new batch of parts for repairs at the end of last week. We expect to be through the lion's share of the service backlog in within a couple of weeks. Barring new circumstances our normal service standards should be back in place at that time.

Chad

I was quoted 3-6 weeks on a repair back in July of last year. Ended up sending off amp and it arrived at Atomic on 08/21/2020. I have communicated a few times over email since then, but still don't have amp back. I sent another email last Friday and haven't heard back. This is approaching a year. Yikes. Any help or direction would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:

Deuterium

I was quoted 3-6 weeks on a repair back in July of last year. Ended up sending off amp and it arrived at Atomic on 08/21/2021. I have communicated a few times over email since then, but still don't have amp back. I sent another email last Friday and haven't heard back. This is approaching a year. Yikes. Any help or direction would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Either that is a typo, or you and Atomic have access to alien wormhole technology. I am kind of hoping it is the latter, because that would be cool.

clintmartin

I was quoted 3-6 weeks on a repair back in July of last year. Ended up sending off amp and it arrived at Atomic on 08/21/2020. I have communicated a few times over email since then, but still don't have amp back. I sent another email last Friday and haven't heard back. This is approaching a year. Yikes. Any help or direction would be much appreciated. Thanks.
You need to ask @Jace Nuzback about that.

Atomic Amps

Hi Chad, I'm sorry you've having a hard time getting through. If you PM me you ticket number, I'll make sure we get you taken care of ASAP. We've had some major sourcing issues with Covid, the IC shortage and global logistics in general but have recently got some components we've been waiting for a long time.

Since your initial request, we changed support software (our old vendor retired the program and tried to move us to something that was total overkill for us) and there have been a few cases that didn't port properly. That could be contributing. Either way, I'm sure we'll get you squared away quickly. Thanks!

Severed

I had a little trouble back in 2014 with one of my CLR powered wedges started emitting a squeal. It was out of warranty and they replaced the entire power amp module for free. I paid shipping there, they paid it back.

Note, I'm in Canada so it wasn't cheap to ship.

It did take a little longer than I had wanted, but just know, in the end they will take care of their customers 100%

Chad

Hi Chad, I'm sorry you've having a hard time getting through. If you PM me you ticket number, I'll make sure we get you taken care of ASAP. We've had some major sourcing issues with Covid, the IC shortage and global logistics in general but have recently got some components we've been waiting for a long time.

Since your initial request, we changed support software (our old vendor retired the program and tried to move us to something that was total overkill for us) and there have been a few cases that didn't port properly. That could be contributing. Either way, I'm sure we'll get you squared away quickly. Thanks!

Hey Tom. Thanks for the email on 06/30/21 stating that the amp should be repaired by the following week or sooner. I haven't heard anything since and sent another email last Wednesday, 07/14/21 of which I am yet to receive a reply. We are getting close to one year since you received my amp. So excited to get this resolved. Please advise. Thanks. Chad

Steely Dave

Hey Tom. Thanks for the email on 06/30/21 stating that the amp should be repaired by the following week or sooner. I haven't heard anything since and sent another email last Wednesday, 07/14/21 of which I am yet to receive a reply. We are getting close to one year since you received my amp. So excited to get this resolved. Please advise. Thanks. Chad
A year?!? JFC!!

Viabcroce

Either that is a typo, or you and Atomic have access to alien wormhole technology. I am kind of hoping it is the latter, because that would be cool.

Hey John :)
hope everything is well over there.

Just think of how confusing is the fact that in several Countries the month and the day are inverted... now, while 6/21/2020 is non-ambigual, what about 10/11/2020? LOL

Deuterium

Hey John :)
hope everything is well over there.

Just think of how confusing is the fact that in several Countries the month and the day are inverted... now, while 6/21/2020 is non-ambigual, what about 10/11/2020? LOL

Hello Gianfranco,

Things are well, and I hope the same for you and yours.
Indeed, I hear you. Luckily, I worked for a global company with roots in Europe, so I was already familiar with the different convention in displaying month and day , or day and month.

Fortunately, as you noted, there could be no ambiguity with the date in question. Unless, of course, Chad is living on Mars. Then, it could have been the 21st month of the Martian solar year. :)

Trending Topics

Top Bottom