Experience with Crunchbox in front of a SFDR

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Gasp100, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Gasp100

Gasp100 Silver Supporting Member

Anyone using this config? I have a Bad Monkey which sounded really nice for lightly overdriven stuff and breakup sounds with my old BF bandmaster head. It's not nearly enough gain for rock/fusion type leads. I have a crunchbox on the way but I'm just using a Cube now, I hope to test my buddy's Deluxe really soon for possible amp replacement.
    Talk to me -- any other recommended OD's for sweet, singing sustaining leads? Not metal, more like Ford/Carlton with a little more gain. Maybe stacking the BM and Crunchbox?

2. PJH

PJH Member

3. drolling

drolling Member

I've got an early (no internal trimpot, different vol. taper) Crunchbox that JUST LOVES my black & brownface Fenders. You should be pretty happy pairing your CB w/either amp. Turns my old Vibrolux into a Marshall stack!

4. blackba

blackba Supporting Member

I use a crunch box with my '69 Fender Bandmaster reverb and it works great. I did have to tweak the internal trimpot which adjusts the presence. If the high end is harsh when you get it, adjust the pot. The CB gives a great marshall crunch.

For singing sustain though I prefer my Hermida Mosferatu, even though it has less gain. I am very happy with my crunch box though, its got all the gain I need, not need to boost it with a bad monkey....

5. Gasp100

Gasp100 Silver Supporting Member

Excellent, thanks for the great info. I keep hearing about that Mosferatu... I have to get some clips of all of this stuff...