Experience with Faith Guitars

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by Jimmy 3, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Jimmy 3

Jimmy 3 Member

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all well. I'm two years into playing (have two electrics) and am in the process of doing research as I'd like to get an acoustic for my 50th b-day in July. I've come across a line of acoustics know as "Faith" (http://faithguitars.com/) which is primarily available overseas (I'm in the US) but they do have a dealer in the US (The Fretted Frog - http://www.thefrettedfrog.com/)

I'm very interested in either their[FONT=&quot] Parlor (Mercury) or[/FONT][FONT=&quot](Venus - cutaway). [/FONT]

Love bands like KISS, Firehouse, Cinderella/Tom Keifer so I'm looking forward to adding the acoustic to cover much of their "lighter-side" of things, as well as expanding into some of the pop/country artists I enjoy (Keith Urban and Eric Church).

So with all that, I'd appreciate it if anyone could provide input on the following:

1. Any experience with Faith Guitars?

2. Any experience with this dealer (a little bummed that I can't actually play, but they have a 7 day money-back policy - have to pay shipping)

3. Any advice on which of these two guitars may be better for me?

Appreciate the input and advice.

Best to all,

Jimmy

2. Jimmy 3

Jimmy 3 Member

3. fermot

fermot Member

4. wbm68

wbm68 Member

I talked to the people of Faith guitars at Namm - very pleasant and all the models they had felt good.
    The Fretted Frog is a great place! I have been there and played a bunch of the Faith guitars. You want to talk to Roland who is extremely knowledgeable about guitars. They have a lot of Blueridge, Faith etc., and also are a dealer for Lowden (which are really high end acoustics).
    I would suggest you call Roland and talk to him directly. He will also be able to actually advise you - believe it or not - on what guitar will fit your purpose best. I spent a couple of hours there around Christmas and learned a lot!!!

5. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Member

Why not put your faith into a nice US made guitar? There are a few of them around and some actually sound and play really nice, too.

6. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Member

Why does it have to be US-made? That in itself is no guarantee of either quality of build or sound.

7. snakestretcher

snakestretcher Member

Why does it have to be US-made? That in itself is no guarantee of either quality of build or sound. This is a fine little guitar, irrespective of its origin.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE6jcIKNtGM

8. erniecaster

erniecaster Member

Hi!

I tried the whole line of Faith guitars. Great sounds, great playability and build quality and really affordable. I bougth a used Neptune a bit later - this is my favourite acoustic right now. I still own a Furch and owned Lakewoods, Taylors, Yairis and an Ovation formerly.

I really recommend to try a Faith guitar. Of course it´s a matter of taste.

The parlor is really small and a 12 fret, lots of mids, the bass is not very strong, while the venus is more versatile. (To be honest, I think the headstock does not fit to the smaller bodies but that again is a matter of taste.)

But at all - watch this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3phvtR0soSE

cu

erniecaster

9. Curtis james

Curtis james Silver Supporting Member

Sorry to revive an old thread.....just purchased a faith Neptune ( for my other good friends wife) on the advice of a good bud, and working player whom visited and played their acoustics also at Namm in Anaheim this year. He highly recommended their guitars for build quality.....solid woods, and of course, the playability and sound. He highly recommended them. So, one is on its way. For the record, it had to be under a $1000, pickup installed, smaller neck, and the most bang for the buck
    That is all

Last edited: May 3, 2016