Experience with the Reverend Six Gun LE?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by rbrogan, Feb 9, 2012.

1. rbrogan

rbrogan Supporting Member

Looking for people who have gotten a chance to play the Reverend Six Gun LE
    http://www.reverendguitars.com/reverend/guitars/bolt_on_series/six_gun.html

I love the look of this guitar, and have always been a fan of Reverends bolt on necks. Those of you who have gotten to play this guitar, how are those pickups? And how is the neck? And how well does that trem perform?

Right now I'm waffling between finding a G&L Legacy USA used, a classic player jazzmaster, or one of these. How would you stack them against the six gun, especially if you're playing a lot of post-rock and alternative stuff.

2. Hovercraftpilot

Hovercraftpilot Member

I bought a 2007 Reverend Flatroc yesterday and I am smitten. The neck feels like an old friend. And I thought the body would cut into me. Way better than I thought it was going to be.

Why don't you PM Bobby D I think he is sponsored by Reverend.
    He seems like a righteous dude that can answer some Reverend questions. Don't forget Joe Naylor is a member too.

3. pshahm

pshahm Supporting Member

The pickups cover lots of ground. The neck is not too thin like a strat and not too fat like a 50's Gibson. It's a nice between. G&L's are awesome but I think the 6 gun has more character and cool factor.

4. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Silver Supporting Member

I've owned 4 reverends.. great guitars. This new one is what I want though...

5. IPLAYLOUD

IPLAYLOUD Member

GREAT sounding, the BCC puts it over the top.
    You can get that true "Strat" tone with the BCC low, gets very full when brought up.
    The LE looks cool with the reverse headstock.

Go for it...I don't think you'll be let down.

6. benxiwf

benxiwf Member

I agree with everything posted. The pickups are pretty meaty. There is also a cap at the input jack to darken them up a bit. The bcc makes it very versatille. I have nearly bought one about 4 times. I have a US Rev Avenger for my single coil needs and keep telling myself that is enough though.

7. rbrogan

You guys are making a good case for this guitar. The more I read, the more I'm thinking this might be the one. So here's another question, do you guys know of a place on the East Coast, particularly within driving distance of Washington, DC, that would be carrying the Six Guns?

There is a Reverend dealer in VA, but they only carry a handful of reverends at any time. When I asked whether they would ever get any Six Gun's in the shop, the owner told me they can only afford a couple different models at a time, and I'm guessing with it being the new guy on the block, they're a little iffy to start carrying it.

Anyway, got to find a place to play one of these.

8. SharkAtl

SharkAtl Member

Come on, you know it's never enough!

9. rbrogan

So another question for you guys. This wilkinson Tremelo that they've been using (looks like it's on the new Eastsider S too... another very, very tempting Reverend), how's it's feel, and it's stability? For entirely biased reason (I've seen a similar model on a lot of "budget-y" guitars) it makes me a little nervous that it's cheap and floppy, but then again, it's Reverend, so I kind of feel like if it's good enough for Joe Naylor, it's probably good enough for me.