Experimental dark drone remix by my drone/ambient/noise project Fjernsind!

Discussion in 'Artist Spotlight' started by NoiseNinja, Jul 11, 2019.

1. NoiseNinja

NoiseNinja Member

I was asked if I wanted to take part in a remix project that run on the <1 Bandcamp page of Fencepost material originally released by Evelyn Records in 2002 and based on field recordings, I confirmed my interest and was send the recordings used for the different tracks.

So far I managed to do a remix of a track originally titled Elastic2, manipulating the crap out of the recordings provided and only adding a programmed bell track as well as a vocal track, though only the bell track is still recognizable.

The drone bass that caries the track and the odd rubber band horn section is build from the original recordings.

I had quite a hard time doing the remix since I am not used to use real/object sounds, but usually build my own tracks from ground or from manipulated samples from music I have already recorded, but non the less it was a fun experience, and I actually think it turned out quite well.
    The result is up here for free listening and download:
    https://lessthanone.bandcamp.com/track/rubber-spectre-elastic2-remix

I also made a video for the track: