Expression pedal difference on Helix Floor vs LT

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by patrick2099, Jul 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. patrick2099

patrick2099 Member

I am debating between buying a Helix Floor or a Helix LT. The scribble strips would be really nice, but it is also one more thing to break. One of the main reasons I am considering the Helix is so that I can leave my Kemper, Crybaby, and footswitch at home.

One of the deciding factors, for me, may be the quality of the expression pedal. How good is the expression pedal on the LT vs the Floor? Is there a big difference in the usability or feel, between the two units, other than the grip tape on the Floor? Is the Floor pedal significantly more durable than the LT?

Thanks for the help.

2. Frank Ritchotte

Frank Ritchotte Member

Nearly impossible to break the Floor pedal. It’s solid aluminum and thick. We had issues with the LT pedal but that has been solved. Beyond that if an LT pedal breaks any time, regardless of warrantee we replace the entire unit.

FPFL, Dan Desy and Fireproof like this.
  3. patrick2099

patrick2099 Member

Oh, wow! That is great customer support! Other than the durability, is there a huge difference in the range and/or feel of the pedals?

FPFL likes this.
  4. Frank Ritchotte

Frank Ritchotte Member

There is a pretty big difference in feel. The floor is a very different design. If you are on the pedal a lot I think the floor is going to be a better feel. The LT is the same design as our Firehawk pedal.

Elantric likes this.
  5. Lele

Lele Member

The main difference imho is that on the LT the pedal stroke is shorter, on the contrary the Floor pedal has a longer stroke. Some may like it more or not. It's a personal choice imo.

As to the displays of the Floor version, they are very useful but in the beginning I missed the smart and specific view from the LT display showing each switch function.
    The main advantage of the separate displays is that the main display (of the Floor version) shows always the effect chain and that way it's even easier and quicker to change any parameter of your effects on the fly

John Mark Painter likes this.
  6. patrick2099

patrick2099 Member

Thanks for the information!

7. FPFL

FPFL Member

Have the floor. Like the pedal a lot.

Tension easily adjusted. This is underrated as useful imho. I’m not a fast rocker, like slow sweeps and gentle volume rises. A little more resistance on the pedal makes this more consistent.

Don’t know if LT offers same or if OP cares but wanted to point out.

8. Hank Habanero

Hank Habanero Member

I have both the Floor and LT, and to be honest I haven't noticed a difference in feel. Not that I have even bothered A/B:ing them or so, but they both feel perfectly fine to me.

9. patrick2099

patrick2099 Member

It looks like tension can be adjusted on both. I'm glad you mentioned that, though, because I had no idea you could adjust it on either.