• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Expression pedal for strymon, line 6 and boss????

hippieboy

Silver Supporting Member
Hi, i'm looking for a very versatile expression pedal, it's been a lot harder finding one than i thought, i currently have a Strymon Mobius, Fm4 line 6 and Boss Ps-5.

I need an expression pedal that can be used with those 3 different brands (not necessarily simultaneous) any help will be really appreciate it! :)

So far the only one i've found is the amt ex-50 but the input jacks are on the right side making it really uncomfortable to use on the floor and also not a big fan of the size of pedal.

I'm not interested on the expressionator from mission engineering or something expensive like source audio Reflex universal Expression Controller ($230)

I'm looking for something below 200, and good quality ala Mission engineering. Any suggestions? what do you guys use for your strymon, line 6 and boss pedals??

rsmith601

Vendor
Hi, i'm looking for a very versatile expression pedal, it's been a lot harder finding one than i thought, i currently have a Strymon Mobius, Fm4 line 6 and Boss Ps-5.

I need an expression pedal that can be used with those 3 different brands (not necessarily simultaneous) any help will be really appreciate it! :)

So far the only one i've found is the amt ex-50 but the input jacks are on the right side making it really uncomfortable to use on the floor and also not a big fan of the size of pedal.

I'm not interested on the expressionator from mission engineering or something expensive like source audio Reflex universal Expression Controller ($230)

I'm looking for something below 200, and good quality ala Mission engineering. Any suggestions? what do you guys use for your strymon, line 6 and boss pedals??
When we did our Dual Expression pedal we learned quite a bit about the different needs of various 3rd party expression inputs. When we did the Hot Hand 3 we added the DIP switches and learned even more about the same problem. The Reflex is the ultimate when it comes to compatibility with the wide range of needs of their party pedals. There are different POT values. There are 3 separate DIP switch arrays. There is the ability to optimize the travel of the treadle to the range of the particular effect, and save that as a preset. There is the ability to create either linear or logarithmic sweeps., depending on the needs of the pedal and save that as a preset. It works with voltage controlled devices. It works with devices that only have MIDI inputs (Whammy). When it is in stores with free shipping, it should be $219.

Normally I would not reply to a thread such as "who makes the best XXXXX pedal", but this is a narrow question and the Reflex is a highly specialized device. Hope that is OK with everyone, and that my lack of objectivity is crystal clear!!

MyShadow46_2

When we did our Dual Expression pedal we learned quite a bit about the different needs of various 3rd party expression inputs. When we did the Hot Hand 3 we added the DIP switches and learned even more about the same problem. The Reflex is the ultimate when it comes to compatibility with the wide range of needs of their party pedals. There are different POT values. There are 3 separate DIP switch arrays. There is the ability to optimize the travel of the treadle to the range of the particular effect, and save that as a preset. There is the ability to create either linear or logarithmic sweeps., depending on the needs of the pedal and save that as a preset. It works with voltage controlled devices. It works with devices that only have MIDI inputs (Whammy). When it is in stores with free shipping, it should be $219.

Normally I would not reply to a thread such as "who makes the best XXXXX pedal", but this is a narrow question and the Reflex is a highly specialized device. Hope that is OK with everyone, and that my lack of objectivity is crystal clear!!
Just one question... when is it released? :)

Ilduce

And now for something completely different!
I'm also very interested in this! It would be awesome to have a single expression pedal and be able to switch it between different pedals.

hippieboy

Silver Supporting Member

Thanks a lot for your reply, it's nice to read the info directly from the manufacturer, from what i've read i believe your pedal will be the best out there (once released) but it seems to me that it's a bit much for what i need, i want something a bit more simple, specially for the price, i live in mexico and i'm guessing shipping it here would add more to the price.

Sigmund

I use a Roland EV-5 for my Timeline, works like a charm.
Pretty cheap, solid enough for expression use, smooth sweep.

Last edited:

hippieboy

Silver Supporting Member
We are shipping Reflex NOW!!
It is in our on line store and I think a few others have it too at this stage.
Just to be clear, with the reflex i could have the boss ps-5, line 6 fm4 and mobius working together at the same time or separate on the same pedal, right?? does it use batteries??

Last edited:

rsmith601

Vendor
Just to be clear, with the reflex i could have the boss ps-5, line 6 fm4 and mobius working together at the same time or separate on the same pedal, right?? does it use batteries??
Yes, that is correct. The Reflex has 3 separate expression outputs. Boss and Strymon are rather ordinary expression inputs. The Line 6 is unusual and you will need to set it up correctly (see manual). You can go into the Mobius via the Expression input or MIDI, if you want to go there. Reflex uses one 9V battery.

hippieboy

Silver Supporting Member
Yes, that is correct. The Reflex has 3 separate expression outputs. Boss and Strymon are rather ordinary expression inputs. The Line 6 is unusual and you will need to set it up correctly (see manual). You can go into the Mobius via the Expression input or MIDI, if you want to go there. Reflex uses one 9V battery.
Cool cool, thanks! i'll keep an eye open for this :)

Martini24x7

If you are looking for a cheap (not poorly built) and rock solid expression pedal, get an Moog EP-3. You can get them from Sweetwater, free shipping to your door for $40. I'm using one on my Mobius and it works great. I don't know if it works with the Boss or Line 6 pedals you mention, but I'd guess it would be fine. It is smaller than a standard wah too, so that's a plus. Oh, and it even comes with the TRS cable you'd need for the Mobius. : )

rsmith601

Vendor
Eventide and Line 6 is very non-standard when it comes to expression input requirements. I think the EP-3 will work correctly with Boss, but not Line 6. Line 6 is not TRS.

hippieboy

Silver Supporting Member
Yesterday i received my Dual Expression pedal from Pigtronix (which is built by mission engineering) and it works with boss, line 6 and strymon! :) haven't tested it fully on all modes but so far it works perfect, i already create my wah preset on the mobius and fm4, and the whammy like sound works perfect on my Ps-5 as well. The Pigtronix dual expression pedal, as the name implies has 2 inputs that work at the same time (not possible one at a time with both pedals on. But it's not a problem to me just turn off the pedal you're not using) and it also has a little switch where you can reverse the way the pedal works on the input 1 to create crazy sounds, which is pretty cool!!

Finally i have 1 exp pedal for all my needs!!:banana :banana

Last edited:

Trending Topics