Expression Pedal Suggestions Wanted

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by vadsy, Apr 30, 2015.

1. vadsy

vadsy Supporting Member

I'm looking to put together a new board and need a small but sturdy expression pedal at decent price. I'm aware of the awesome ones from Mission Engineering but they're a bit much for my needs and wallet. I'm also aware of the little cheap guys from M-Audio which I already have one of and would like to slightly upgrade from. In case it matters or helps this will be for use with an Eventide H9.

Thanks

*If this thread already exist please let me know, I did a couple of searches but nothing clear came up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. tremolo3

tremolo3 Member

Boss FV500H/L if you are going to abuse it.

The AMT EX50 is OK too, if that size is not an issue for you. Just make sure to remove the rubber inside.

3. Blix

Blix Supporting Member

Morley have a relatively small one IIRC.

4. dpgreek

dpgreek Supporting Member

Mission (if you can find used) or AMT

5. vadsy

vadsy Supporting Member

The Mission would be great. I didn't know about the AMT, pretty rad, love the size and tank like construction.

How do you guys feel about the Boss EV-5 or the Moog EP-3?

6. 71strat

71strat Member

1st thing is to make sure the Pot is compatible with what your wanting it for.

The Moog has a 50k pot and I have a Pigtronics Dual Expression Pedal that had either a 10k or 25k. Not compatible with the Moog products.

It made it have a very short range so I had it modded for a 50k pot.. I use Moog stuff so I needed a 50k pot.