1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Expression pedals with MFC-101 and axe fx

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by lhallam, May 23, 2011.

1. lhallam

lhallam Member

It took me awhile to figure two things out. I'm not too bright so I'm hoping this may help my fellow dummy brethren.

I have three expression pedals, pedal 1 is always used as a volume pedal.

I use two separate expression pedals to control mix and feedback when using delay since I like to adjust these on the fly.

Expression pedal 2 is used for the mix.

For mix, I prefer to always have the direct/dry sound and only adjust how much delay is introduced from 0 (no delay) to equal delay volume with the dry. I do not ever want to have only delay.

On the Axe FX I set the MIX to 17.7% (1/4-9:00).

Then set the expression pedal to control the INGAIN parameter. With the pedal in heel position (all the way up), you get no delay and get gradual increase of delay in the mix as you move the pedal down. At toe position you have parity.

Using my new MFC-101, I spent a good couple of hours trying to get expression pedal 3 to work.

Despite the fact that the MFC allowed me to calibrate the pedal, I could not get it to work with my preset.

I finally found the answer in the manual section 12.4.15 Global Expression Pedal Settings.

Expression pedal 3 and 4 defaults to off. For pedal 3, once I set the CC to 18 and made sure extern 3 was set to 18 in the I/O section of the Axe Fx. I finally got the pedal to work.

Hope this helps

Last edited: May 23, 2011