Extension Cab ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Payne, Feb 22, 2009.

1. Payne

Payne Member

Quick question for anyone willing to help. I have a Rivera Clubster 45 that I would like to use with a 112 or 212 closed back ext cab to beef up the bottom end. Is there any way to run the ext cab and still use the internal speaker in the amp also, with only one 1/4" speaker out on the rear panel? Any adapter, cable, etc....

I replaced the 70/80 with a V30 but would love to put the 70/80 in an empty Avatar cab and use them both simultaneously.​

2. Payne

Payne Member

I guess I'll have to think for myself. I'm assuming that since Im using a V30 @ 8ohms and I DONT have an impedance selector switch on the amp, Im screwed even if I do get a "y" cable which I did find. Am I correct in my assumption? Thanks.

3. gsf

gsf Member

An adaptor or y cable sounds possibly destructive to me. There is probably a tech who can get the ohmage right and proper outputs for doing what you want.

4. zombiwoof

zombiwoof Supporting Member

Just ask Rivera if it's OK to run the amp into 4 ohms. Fenders will take the mismatch fine, but I have no idea if the Riveras are the same. If it will work, a well-made pigtail (or Y-adapter) would be OK. The other option is to get the Z-matcher that Weber Speakers makes, with it you can run any amp into any impedance load:

https://taweber.powweb.com/store/zmatch.htm

It has an extra speaker out, and would be the perfect solution for you.

Al

5. Payne

Payne Member

Thanks zombi. Looks like this would work unless there's just some technical problem I'm not aware of. I could use the V30 I put in the amp and run the 70/80 that I removed in an Avatar 112 cab. Thanks for the advice. Technology these days!?