Extention Cab for Fender Deville 4X10...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by benjammin420, Feb 18, 2009.

1. benjammin420

benjammin420 Member

I have a Fender Deville 4X10 (60 watts, 4 ohms) and im thinking about getting an extention cabs with some celestions in it. Has anyone done this before? Any recommendations?

2. Bikedude

Bikedude Gold Supporting Member

NOT LOUD ENOUGH!! Why? But Im' sure there are plenty of nice 4X10 cabs to choose from cause I've seen them around here. Mesa has em, Dr. Z has em, even a Fender Vibrolux cab with 3 tens would prolly work.

3. boltino

boltino Member

I ran a Hot Rod Deville 4X10 with a 2X12 extension cab (Vintage 30s) with great results. I find that 10s and 12s together really compliment each other.

4. benjammin420

benjammin420 Member

Did they balance out levelwise? can you hear the 4 10s more than the 2 12s, or vice versa?

5. FenderBigot

FenderBigot Supporting Member

I've got a 4x10 too... I would put a 2x12 under if I needed more speakers, but I'm always getting told I'm too loud.

6. boltino

boltino Member

From what I remember, they balanced out really well. I got the punch of the 10's with the "bigness" of the 12s (if that makes any sense).

7. benjammin420

benjammin420 Member

the reason i ask is that i want to add some celestion tone. I used to plug into a fender bandmaster head into a marshall cab at a local studio, and the tone was incredible. Im trying to find the best way to reproduce (as close as possible) that sound. I didnt know if the 4 10s (more speakers) would over power a 2 12 setup, or if the bigger speakers would be more audible. Im also not sure how the power is redistributed when you hook up an extention.