• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

External cab for ac30

1cmb

So where I play the majority of the time, I have my ac30 on stage with me and just use it as a head and have a cab miced up in another room. I love the amp running by itself, but I don't like it as much when it runs through that cab. I dot want to move my amp to the room to get miced because I really like having my amp on stage to tweak things. So I am wondering what would be the best cabinet option for my ac30 to still sound like an ac30

melven62

what speakers do you currently have in your ac30?

I think an open back 2x12 with greens or blues would be a good choice.

1cmb

I actually just have the wharfdales in there currently. I think they are supposed to be based on the green backs... I know that blues are like supposed to be the go to speaker for a vox, but I dont necessarily like the really trebly ac30 tones, and I don't want the blues to be too piercing or trebely... But I've never actually played anything with blues so I really don't know

michael.e

Silver Supporting Member
Proguitar Shops will sell you a 2-12 Vox cab. Greenies or Blues. The Greenies are pretty nice. That said, you are doing yourself a disservice by not listening to the Blues. They are chimey, not trebly. There is a difference. They are also pretty efficient and have a killer midrange that I love.

1cmb

I'll try to check em out then... Is there anything else somewhat comparable to them?

Trending Topics