• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

"External loop" for pedalboard...

juice

Not really sure exactly what this is called, but I've seen this on a couple of the big name boards and would like to get one myself…

Essentially it's a "loop" that sits in your chain and allows you to demo or add in a single effect without disrupting the rest of your signal path. In other words, if nothing is plugged in the signal is undisturbed, so it's an extra spot in the middle of the chain that you can audition drive pedals for example.

I have no idea if there is a specific name for this and searching hasn't brought up anything for me. Appreciate anyone that can point me to where to find this or even how to make my own.

Not really sure exactly what this is called, but I've seen this on a couple of the big name boards and would like to get one myself…

Essentially it's a "loop" that sits in your chain and allows you to demo or add in a single effect without disrupting the rest of your signal path. In other words, if nothing is plugged in the signal is undisturbed, so it's an extra spot in the middle of the chain that you can audition drive pedals for example.

I have no idea if there is a specific name for this and searching hasn't brought up anything for me. Appreciate anyone that can point me to where to find this or even how to make my own.
I had this idea but it's been difficult to find someone who builds one... I wanted like a loop master type switcher with a switchable front input to be able to demo pedals in certain spots in the chain. Loop master won't build anything custom like that and everyone else wanted $800 to build a true bypass switcher!? Curious to see if any other recommendations show up!

ozzynotwood

I use this. Plenty of features and it does exactly as described. You could also google the diagram for a true-bypass looper and decide how you will mount it.

ozzynotwood

Interesting, but both that and the Xotic Blender mentioned above are more complicated than I had in mind. Maybe what I'm thinking is just a true bypass loop in a small enclosure that I could mount underneath the board.
Plenty of knobs that's for sure. I find the pedal to be a "problem solver and fine tuner" I blend some effects in and with the x Blender I can separately EQ (and invert) the blended effect to perfection. You can mount a true-bypass looper under the board but dont forget you will need a practical way to switch on the loop. Having the stomp switch under the board or a switch you have to "side stomp" wouldn't be very practical while performing. Home experimenting would be fine, but even then you would need to decide where that loop is going to live in the chain, that's a whole other can of worms. Personally I wouldn't add such a function for temporary experiments.

Regarding the LS-2. The jacks are in terrible places, make cabling a mess and is noisy bit of poo. Maybe post some pics of your board so we can get some more practical ideas for you?

elron hoover

I have a 2-loop Loop Master at the top right of my board, so I have 2 open loops available on the side of my board to try new pedals out. It's after my compressor and before dirt. If you wanted to, you could mount 2 1-loopers (one before dirt and mod, and one after) under your board, so you could choose where to try the new pedal. I'm in the process of redoing my board for stereo and will probably do that.

DaveKS

Contact Jnepo1 on here. Pretty sure he could build you a....., I guess we'll call it a "insert bay with switching jacks", basically you want a switching loop like you find on guitar amps, just without the amp part.

juice

Maybe post some pics of your board so we can get some more practical ideas for you?

This is what I'm currently working with not much available real estate up top and I'm primarily looking to use it as a test bed to demo pedals or to insert additional pedals that don't live on the board for recording purposes only.

juice

I have a 2-loop Loop Master at the top right of my board, so I have 2 open loops available on the side of my board to try new pedals out. It's after my compressor and before dirt. If you wanted to, you could mount 2 1-loopers (one before dirt and mod, and one after) under your board, so you could choose where to try the new pedal. I'm in the process of redoing my board for stereo and will probably do that.
I like the sound of this, especially the idea of covering two different locations on the board. I'd like to say one location pre-dirt would be suitable, but we all know how that works out!

Last edited:

Trending Topics