• Rock!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vintage Rock

• Other

• Total voters

patrick2099

I was looking at purchasing EZ Drummer 2. There is a special where you get one free expansion pack. I wasn't expecting such a massive variety of expansions -- especially ones named very similarly.

I play mostly blue-rock type such, inspired by bands such as Guns N roses, Aerosmith, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, etc. I also play some punk and a little metal. If I wanted to grab an expansion that would be versatile for all of these styles, but primarily for blues-rock, what would you recommend?

Thanks everyone!

patrick2099

I removed Metalheads, as it supposedly doesn't come with grooves in the same fashion as the other expansions. If the regular EZ Drummer doesn't come with any double bass grooves, I should probably pick up one that does, so that would probably limit me to Made of Metal, Metal!, or Metal Machine.

B Money

the stock kits in EZ2 are really versatile. I have several of the EZX and I can tell you that I really HATE the snares in Rock Solid. The Vintage EZX is too "vintage" for my taste, but I'm not much of a classic rock guy.
I tend to use Nashville for a lot of projects, I dig that black beauty snare samples in that one.
It's true that Metal Heads does not come with grooves, the midi is more like big chunks of songs.

patrick2099

the stock kits in EZ2 are really versatile. I have several of the EZX and I can tell you that I really HATE the snares in Rock Solid. The Vintage EZX is too "vintage" for my taste, but I'm not much of a classic rock guy.
I tend to use Nashville for a lot of projects, I dig that black beauty snare samples in that one.
It's true that Metal Heads does not come with grooves, the midi is more like big chunks of songs.
Thanks. I have read a lot of different people saying how Nashville is very versatile for many genres.

0018g

The Nashville has surpassed my expectations for versatility, but I don't really do metal or punk. Don't really do country, either. It has very usable grooves.

The Vintage Rock was, IMO, underwhelming. Again, different strokes.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom