• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

EZ drummer error in reaper

gematria

hey guys(and girls), im new here.

next year im going to studie and for my studie i need to have 3 different songs recorded.

im using reaper to record my guitar/bass and vocals, and i want to use EZdrummer to get my drumtracks.

i installed reaper and EZdrummer but when i use EZdrummer as an plug in,
and authorize it i get this error:

'' EZdrummer cannot find the sound files! ''
reinstall EZdrummer or move the sounds to:
the path to the sounds are not set.

after this error i see my EZdrummer layout but i cannot hear any sounds and cannot choose any options in EZdrummer

i dont know what to do, and i really need it for school. can some-one help me out please? im not an expert in computers and software.

my english isn't that great, im from holland so can you keep it simple for me? ;) :crazyguy
greetings, stephan

buddyboy

Platinum Supporting Member
can't you just open the pattern you want and simply drag it to the track you've created for it?

gematria

i cant just open a pattern because i cant find any patterns.

after the message that i showed in my first post, ez drummer opens but i cannot click anything, i can switch toms, snare bass, but i dont get any sound and i cannot search for different grooves or what so ever.

i googled more to find an answer but its still not working

jammybastard

"I'm losing my edge, but I was there..."
Gold Supporting Member
post the question in the Reaper forums as specified above.

beej

Sounds to me like it's not installed right. You've got the .dll in the /VSTPlugins folder, but the rest probably isn't correctly installed. FYI, I've installed it in Reaper a few times and never had a problem.

As everyone's mentioned ... try the Reaper forum, you might have better luck there. I'd try removing everything and re-installing first, though.

gtrnflames

Try right clicking on the icon of whatever recording software you are using and run as administrator. If this is the case then windows isn't letting you access the files and that's what might be causing your errors.

Skoked

Try right clicking on the icon of whatever recording software you are using and run as administrator. If this is the case then windows isn't letting you access the files and that's what might be causing your errors.

This worked for me......Thanks a lot.....:rotflmao:bow

marcoamf

Worked here, too. I am using both original Mixcraft 6 and EZ Drummer v 132.
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but didn't work.
Opening Mixcraft as Administrator made it work fine.

Thanks!

playsarobin

Results. Not excuses.
I have to run as admin as well. Found that on the cockos forum a couple years back. It's just habit now