F&T Filter Caps: Any opinions?

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by Nolatone Ampworks, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Nolatone Ampworks

Nolatone Ampworks Silver Supporting Member

Hey folks,

Anyone used F&T filter caps? They are touted to be excellent and they are space efficient.

Anyone had experience with them vs Sprague Atoms, etc?

Thanks,

Paul

2. teleamp

teleamp Senior Member

Paul, I'm trying some out now, I'll be burnin' in some 22/500's in a 5E3 build next week.

I've had good results with the cheapies tha tubesandmore sells. I've seen IC's in some expensive amps.

3. Trout

Trout Member

I have FT caps in my Richter 5E3, she uses those as OEM in her amps. I have about 1 1/2 years on the amp right now with no issues at all. They seem just fine.

Edit,
    When I restored my lead 100 I used FT caps also. But I can not comment on durability yet as I only have about 50 hours on the amp snce the rebuild.

4. SatelliteAmps

SatelliteAmps Member

The F&T's are great caps. Most of the electrolytics currently made are all good quality stuff. I have never found an audible difference in a guitar amp between the different manufacturers for filter caps.

5. Dexter.Sinister

Dexter.Sinister Still breathing Gold Supporting Member

I like them. Small, work fine, easier to jam in than a Solen or something like that.

DS