F1 2014----Part II

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by traviswalk, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Pat Healy

Pat Healy Member

+1 to all that. I said early in the season that Lewis seemed poised to take off on a Vettel-2013-like run, and sure enough he did, once most of the mechanical gremlins were worked out. He's simply a better driver than Rosberg and it's fitting that he won.

It was a crime for Alonso to drive that slow Ferrari all year;

2. Pat Healy

Pat Healy Member

If Red Bull can't give him a winner to drive, someone will. He's fantastic. He'll win at least one and I'll be glad to see him do it. Seems a like a great guy.

3. TwoTubMan

TwoTubMan Member

I was afraid it would be a gimmick that would decide the race, but it turned out to be a gizmo.

4. OilsFan

OilsFan Supporting Member

Lewis is a deserving champ if there ever was one. He smoked everybody including Rosburg. It's only the points system that made it close and it is designed to make it that way for excitement. 11 to 5 in race wins to Hamilton, that's the fact in black and white. Rosburg is a great driver but in a way I was glad to see him fade away like that as he should have done months ago.

Alonso is a fantastic driver but I find it laughable that some people seem to think that a Honda engine equals a sure thing for him and McLaren. Honda has been absent a good while now.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  5. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

That's called Karma. You've shown distaste to Hamilton all thru this thread. Give it a rest like Nico did and grow up. Hamilton deserved the championship and proved it thru and thru. If I it was Rosberg I would say he would deserve it or any other driver. But from your perspective, you have shown your true colors.

6. Don A

Don A Silver Supporting Member

Glad to see Lewis win, though I would've preferred to see them race each other today.

7. sw686blue

sw686blue Member

Welcome! We've been expecting you.

:rolleyes:

8. Sancho

Sancho Member

The guy who won 11 races took the title. That's how it should be.
    Up until the incident in Spa, I had no favourite. But that, for me, was a turning point. That's when I started rooting for Hamilton big time.

Man of the year for me was Riccciardo, if only because he showed up the golden wonder boy.

And are McLaren really going to drop Button, who took twice the points his teammate did?
    :dunno

9. bluesjunior

bluesjunior Member

Sour grapes methinks. :sarcasm

10. Dereksslide

Dereksslide Member

If Hamiltons car had been as reliable as Rosbergs the title race would have been wrapped up a long time ago. That's part of racing so I'm not complaining about it, it's just very very clear that the best driver won.

11. Boobala

Boobala Member

LOL! You Hammy fangirls sure a sensitive bunch! Hey, maybe, if you're lucky, the Hamster will allow you to be the first to visit his museum to himself!

And to you psychos that complain that I have expressed my opinion and hopes "all thru this thread"; I'm sure your lack admonitions for those who have repeatedly expressed similar thoughts for Vettel and Rosberg "all thru this thread" is simply an oversight that you plan to correct very soon... right?

12. Mosfed

Mosfed The mighty mighty

Dude that is just not true. Other than last year, Ferrari was right there. No team has ever won as many races as Mercedes this year and no team has locked out the front row more.

And yes last year got boring.

I get you are a Lewis fanboy and that is fine. I loved the Schumi years at Ferrari. But you can't blame the neutral for feeling this was one of the most BORING years Ever in F1.

13. Mosfed

Mosfed The mighty mighty

My bet is that a few things are going on here:

1) Button as a former world champ must cost loads more than rookie Magnussen
    2) Alonso is going to cost a pretty penny so they need to save elsewhere
    3) Alonso is one of my favorite drivers ever but he is a bitch. He needs to be the clear number 1. Mclaren can't afford another 2007.

14. Dereksslide

Dereksslide Member

Only point required, but needs changing to whiny, little bitch. That was made even more obvious in his attempt to set up a pro cycling team.

15. Sancho

Sancho Member

All those factors undoubtedly play a role. It would be a shame for Button, as losing his McLaren drive will probably see him out of F1.
    Totally agree on Alonso : in the car, he's amazing. Out of the car... Meh...

16. jnepo1

I would have graciously congratulated Rosberg had he won. Unfortunately, your thinking comes from a pure hatred as you've expressed all along a pure distaste for someone to the point of wishing bad things to happen. It was never for the pure competitiveness, but merely the hopes of something bad to occur for the sake of someone else to win.

17. jnepo1

Agree. It's a shame Button may be ousted this way. He is a good ambassador for F1 and deserve a better exit. If the exit is eminent, I do hope he joins Weber in racing, they are good friends and that series will be good for Button while providing him time to participate in more triathlons.

18. Mosfed

Mosfed The mighty mighty

I bet Button gets another drive. Maybe not next year but I would be surprised if he was out for good.

Too sellable and too slick and too good and too solid. Someone will pony up the cash - especially with the sponsors he brings.

And on huge BBC v sky issue - Ben (whatever) on the beeb is the worst. DC's been there at least but I prefer Martin Brundle. Eddie Jordan is a dweeb but at least he speaks his mind and doesn't just agree with people.

I would take the Sky feed any day but at least the BBC feed is available on the iPlayer. Which is awesome.

19. 67blackcherry

67blackcherry Supporting Member

My brother is a huge Ferrari fan so I tell him "maybe they should buy a Mercedes engine so they'll be competitive next year!"

He didn't think it was funny.....

20. HurricaneJesus

HurricaneJesus Member

Dang Dvr! Oh well, congrats to Hamilton! What a year!