Facebook Live - How to get better sound (church related)

tele_jas

Our church currently uses Facebook live every Sunday morning for our service.We have a phone set up in the back sound booth, on a tripod, and just pick up the room sound using the microphone on the phone only.

The sound quality is not really good at all...is there a device I can use, that is FB live compatible, to help this sound better?

Last edited:

jazzgitter

If you can tap off the mixing board aux out with an adapter your sound quality should improve 100%. You would probably need to do a separate mix for Facebook on an auxillary channel.
This may be helpful as well:

Last edited:

tele_jas

If you can tap off the mixing board aux out with an adapter your sound quality should improve 100%. You would probably need to do a separate mix for Facebook on an auxillary channel.
This may be helpful as well:
Thanks for the reply, just not sure how I would get a separate audio feed to work with Facebook live on the phone?

Unfortunately, we're in the era where there are no headphone jacks on cell phones anymore, only Bluetooth.

I wasn't sure if there was they separate video recorder, that would incorporate with a computer or something? I know I can use the churches video camera and upload it afterwards... That's how I used to do it before they wanted to do live.

So, I'm looking for any and all options available?

tele_jas

Here's our quality (forgive the Chief's Jersey, Lol - he's a huge fan).

You can move the slider to hear the different stages...but, mainly concerned about "the message" in the last half, but the first part is important too (especially live).

Crowder

Dang Twangler
Look at the Shure MV88. It’s a quality mic that plugs into the iPhone’s charging jack.

WWLaidback

Here's our quality (forgive the Chief's Jersey, Lol - he's a huge fan).

You can move the slider to hear the different stages...but, mainly concerned about "the message" in the last half, but the first part is important too (especially live).

You need some sound dampening in the sanctuary. The atmosphere has a lot of echo.

Trending Topics