Fairfield Accountant question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by derpsnerf, Apr 22, 2016.

1. derpsnerf

derpsnerf Member

Ok, so for my Carr Viceroy I'm using a Durham Sex Drive as my low gain gritty amp like sound. It's perfect. I put it in the hard compression with the gain at 3. I love how it adds sparkle but the hard compression just subtlety attenuates the highs (while hardly sounding compressed).

Now, for my '67 Bassman rig I love the sound of it on the edge of break up. My pedalboard for that is going to be very small thus I want to try something new. I'm wondering if the Fairfield Accountant can get me that Sex Drive sound that I love. I really hate compressors that squash your sound so that's why I lean toward the Sex drive type comps. Can the Accountant get a nice low gain gritty sound that slightly attenuates the highs without sounding super compressed?

PS...I know I could get another Sex Drive but I need a smaller pedal. Thanks!

2. Flatscan

Flatscan Supporting Member

Yes but I hate the Sex Drive so you may hear it differently.

I love my Accountant with my DRRI.

taken likes this.
  3. tatoi

tatoi Member

I'm also interested in the Accountant. Don't see so many people using it here though.
    I hope you don't get flooded with suggestions of clean boosts (aka. Timmy/Klone)..

4. wundergussy

wundergussy Member

Doesn't he make a small sex drive?

5. Ev O)))

Ev O))) Member

Yeah has great kinda colourful boost capabilities and on the lower comp settings it's a very subtle compression

6. derpsnerf

derpsnerf Member

Yeah the one I have now is the smaller new version that's been out for a while. I'm still looking to go smaller for my mini board lol.

7. derpsnerf

derpsnerf Member

Reading those two links above kinda gave me more confidence that this is the pedal I'm looking for. Has anyone owned both the Sex Drive and the Accountant?

8. Marshal28

Marshal28 Member

I love my Accountant. I'm in hog heaven playing single coils through the accountant (max boost "2", max compression "2", and diming the level) into a Morgan PR12 at any level. It's edge of break up city. Sorry I don't have any clips...

These demos are pretty good. The longer of the two sold me: