Fairfield Circuitry 2020 Pedal Prediction?

ctgp

Last edited:

Crazyquilt

The Fool
Gold Supporting Member
Will get a Long Life; I've been using as Ottobit Jr primarily for its filter on my Lyra-8. Needless to say, I expect the Long Life will be MUCH more fun. I have to admit, while I understand what a feedback looper does, I don't really understand their usefulness. Anyone want to sell me on an Hors d'Oeuvre?

ctgp

I'm quite sure I'll pass on these but am interested in at least trying the EQ.

Last edited:

Empros

Will get a Long Life; I've been using as Ottobit Jr primarily for its filter on my Lyra-8. Needless to say, I expect the Long Life will be MUCH more fun. I have to admit, while I understand what a feedback looper does, I don't really understand their usefulness. Anyone want to sell me on an Hors d'Oeuvre?

This demo has some tasteful uses in it. Not really for me, but I can see the usefulness of it.

jondom22

Silver Supporting Member
I’m interested in the filter pedal, seems like it’s a 2 pole LPF with a range from 8Hz - 6kHz. Would be curious how it stacks up against a moog mf-101 and some other lpf pedals?

So far Andy’s was the only demo that demonstrates sweeping it with a fuzz in front, tho he had it set for less of a traditional lpf sound and a bit more Wah type sound.

I’d love to hear someone put some stacked oscillators with a sub-osc in front to hear how open it is, how it clips the input/interacts with the drive, and if it really can close off the whole filter getting down to sub-frequencies or of its still letting signal pass through.

ctgp

They do look good, I think. I also wonder ; does an EQ pedal and does a Looper with these features have to sit in a pedal of this size?

Empros

They do look good, I think. I also wonder ; does an EQ pedal and does a Looper with these features have to sit in a pedal of this size?

1. Life Long looks like a lot more than just an "EQ pedal"...

2. Bigger Enclosure = Better Tone. That's how it works with fuzz. Fairfield knows whats up. It's science.

olejason

It was more a question of, "What does it do?" or "Why would I want one?" as well as a chance to use the question mark correctly in context. :beer

It sends the output of a pedal back into itself. I think the other response was fair, if you're into the kinds of sounds a feedback looper can make you'd probably already want it :D Generally they're for making noises, oscillation, walls of sound... that kind of stuff

Trending Topics

Top Bottom