Fairfield Circuitry 2020 Pedal Prediction?

Chrishash

Gold Supporting Member
I wonder if the Long Life filter shares any DNA with the one in the Four Eyes. That thing is SUPER powerful. I don’t really get EQ pedals that aren’t really comprehensive but maybe I’ve just yet to wrap my brain around what this thing is capable of. It seems to me like Fairfield’s version of the CBA Condor. I wonder how the pros/cons of each of these pedals stack against each other.

urQuill

g.f.a.
Silver Supporting Member
the Hors d'Oeuvre is aptly named

having a delightful time at a party with sickly sweet drinks chatting and flirting with people i cannot really afford to even look at

i know their preamps are great and their designs are thoughtful, with controls developed around firm, careful choices, but, wow

costly

aaronjcurtis

the Hors d'Oeuvre is aptly named

having a delightful time at a party with sickly sweet drinks chatting and flirting with people i cannot really afford to even look at

i know their preamps are great and their designs are thoughtful, with controls developed around firm, careful choices, but, wow

costly

They are pricey, but the build, design, and customer service (from my experiences), is top-shelf. Highly recommend them.

cyberprimate

Pedal demos are frustrating. Not only today's tsunami but in general. You're better off reading the specs than watching them. I can't imagine KNOBs will make a demo this time unfortunately. He only does when a pedal brings a really new concept. FC made great demos in the past, I hope they will again with these. Edit: FC's demo for the Long life is cool.

xpldngboy

Still diving through the demos, but now that these are revealed my hype is a bit subdued. Feedback looper seems cool but $200? I get it about build quality and the hand-made thing but aren't these really simple circuits? Might hang back and keep the Accountant as next on my FCF want list.

The EQ is a bit over my head at the moment, so doesn't strike me as readily useful for what I do but I'm sure it's a deep pedal in true FFC fashion. Watching this space for all the user thoughts / feedback posts in the coming weeks.

Last edited:

Haloskater24

These seem like “Simple” pedals, I wonder what’s next that’s “out there” like the meet Maude And shallow water was ? I don’t know if you guys remember but they posted a picture with like 13 breadboards. Something tells me it won’t be too long( 3-4 years) until we get another pedal at least I hope so.

magnus02

Silver Supporting Member
I've never paid over $100 for a feedback looper but I can say they've brought me well over $200 worth of joy over the years. So. Much. Fun. Paired with a Mid-fi Electronics Clari(not) I've been lost for hours with a few other musicians.

Don't overlook them if you like any sort of oddball tones from a guitar!

stagolee

Gold Supporting Member
Long Life looks Interesting. Kind of what I’ve already started doing with my EQ2 though, unless I’m missing something.

aaronjcurtis

I have a Long Life on the way.

I’m brand new to modular usage. Any suggestions on what I can do with those two inputs as a basic starting point? Do other pedals, like Chase Bliss pedals send or only receive CV? I didn’t buy the pedal for the modular usage, but thought why not try it out.

stagolee

Gold Supporting Member

I’m brand new to modular usage. Any suggestions on what I can do with those two inputs as a basic starting point? Do other pedals, like Chase Bliss pedals send or only receive CV? I didn’t buy the pedal for the modular usage, but thought why not try it out.
I would check out the copilot FX broadcast. I’m sure the sky is the limit with other stuff, but it has been a treat dipping my toes in with the broadcast.

Haloskater24

I’m gonna grab a long life next month. Hopefully by then it’s got in the hands of some curious guitar players and we’ll get a full understanding of what this thing is capable of.

Empros

The easiest thing to do would be to have a LFO control the Freq knob to create a trem-like sound.
You could also have a sequencer output CV to get a sequenced step filter type thing going on.
The Zoia also has an envelope follower on it - so it can analyze my signal and out put CV to increase the Filter as I play. Create something like an Auto-Wah (env filter) with that.

I think the Chase Bliss stuff only receives CV, not outputs it (could be wrong!).
My Empress Zoia can output CV, as well as my Grandmother synth, so I'll be using those with it. Modular is a cruel world....

I’m gonna grab a long life next month. Hopefully by then it’s got in the hands of some curious guitar players and we’ll get a full understanding of what this thing is capable of.

I've got one on the way, will post some thoughts when it arrives.. I'm a "curious" player but maybe not a "capable" one :)

Top Bottom