Fairfield Circuitry 2020 Pedal Prediction?

ctgp

Guillaume Fairfield: "Another technique that doesn't get used as often as it should is to create feedback loops, which have a huge impact on the available palette of sounds from a given set of pedals. Pitch shifters in feedback loops are wonderful." (Pedal Crush p285)

What I find surprising is that there's no compressor in the Hors d'oeuvre considering there was one in the Meet Maude, which gave the option of taming the oscillation and not have it spiralling out of control.
Do you think there is a pitch shifter kind of thing on the horizon too, given the quoted comments?

urQuill

g.f.a.
Silver Supporting Member
Guillaume Fairfield: "Another technique that doesn't get used as often as it should is to create feedback loops, which have a huge impact on the available palette of sounds from a given set of pedals. Pitch shifters in feedback loops are wonderful." (Pedal Crush p285)

What I find surprising is that there's no compressor in the Hors d'oeuvre considering there was one in the Meet Maude, which gave the option of taming the oscillation and not have it spiralling out of control.

Their compressor is beautiful, I love it. Would it be callous, would it be knee-jerking, to jump from that wonderful idea of having their beautiful compressor built in to their feedback looper into the pity-pool of a comment like, "now that'd make it seem worth the money!" Only a jacka$$ would make a stupid comment like that

ooo miserable me I'm thinkin' it tho

ctgp

Probably not. Fairfield is into analog paths and digitally controlled analog paths, not digital paths.
I'm really still hoping for an octave down pedal from them.
I do like the analogue ones best, so there really is no need to go digital.
That would be pitch shifting enough for me for now.:)

Last edited:

ctgp

And a spring reverb/V3 Barbershop if you’re listening! :D:D:D

There are 4 versions already of barbershop. No?
What would you like in a further one?
I personally wouldn't mind a 1590A Barbershop WITH and on/off button.

Last edited:

cyberprimate

Things I'd like Fairfield to do :
- Meet Maude V2. I bought the Rubberneck instead because of the much higher delay time (1500 ms instead 500 ms) and greater flexibility (effects loop and possibility to have clean repeats if I want).
- a fuzz that would have a 'living organism' quality like the Shallow water or Flikrrr, with starving option. A sort of mix of two analog pedals: the Flikrrr (with additional Rate knob) and my Bye-Bias Ge. And maybe adding some internal feedbacking in it (like the FreqOut). I find Fuzz pedals boringly linear, not organic sounding enough (their texture and volume don't evolve in time, they should breathe like an animal).
- since Guillaume Fairfield excels in every modulation pedal he makes (or 'they' make), I'd like to see Fairfield's take on other modulation types.
- resurrect the idea of an analog reverb (non mechanical) and solve the problem of the slightly metallic tone. AFAIK the Transroom is the only one currently made.

Empros

I do have a comment on the Long Life actually - I wish it had a built-in LFO. Using an external source to modulate Q and Freq opens up so many amazing sounds, but for guitar playing, it would've been a lot easier to have an LFO built-in.
Wonder if they'd consider doing a standalone LFO/CV generator box. That would be sweet.

ctgp

Wouldn't it be nice, if Longlife had an envelope follower feature onboard?
That would make for a very tuneable and useful envelope filter. No?
...and I'd most likely be off the fence I've been sitting on. :)

Did I mention I'd really like an octaver?

Last edited:

Empros

Check the TWA Side Step. You can plug it in the Expression input of the Long life.

Yea, I have a Zoia that can do it already, but it would've just been a nice inclusion. Similar to the Dr Sci Dusk, which has all those fun control methods built right in to the pedal. Though they are doing things...

The Long Life works great as a "compressor" of sorts when just using the Tilt EQ to brighten things up. I really like what it does after a dirt pedal as a boost. Can get fixed-wah sounds too for those lead boosts. Pretty fun...

But instead of a useful clip, here's another useless one :)
Q oscillating again, manipulating the Freq knob while doing reverb swells after the Long Life (Zoia reverb/swell).

Haloskater24

Well really the only thing I would add to a new barbershop is more range of gain, keep the tone switch on the v2 , maybe a polarity switch like on the HD? I don’t know if that would do anything significant but most importantly more gain and better EQ options. It would be the perfect overdrive.

ctgp

FoxRox Octron3 should have you covered for an analog octaver.
Yes, there are soo many out there, Foxrox being one of them. I am tempted by the Cog T16 most , but would be extremely interested to see what an FC interpretation of such an effect would look and sound like.

Last edited:

Top Bottom