Family pictures - USA Schecter

PatriotBadger

Little random anecdote about the Schecter custom shop and the guys who run it. Of all my Schecters, I've only commissioned one - the Solo Classic. In the pics you can see a little spot in the upper bout where there is a natural inclusion in the wood. They found it when they were carving the top, there was no evidence of it in the plank before that. When they saw it, they contacted me with pictures and asked if I wanted them to rebuild it. Of course I said no, I love character marks in wood. But they were willing to rebuild the guitar just for that tiny little inclusion. These guys make great guitars but they are also a class act.

Zado

Little random anecdote about the Schecter custom shop and the guys who run it. Of all my Schecters, I've only commissioned one - the Solo Classic. In the pics you can see a little spot in the upper bout where there is a natural inclusion in the wood. They found it when they were carving the top, there was no evidence of it in the plank before that. When they saw it, they contacted me with pictures and asked if I wanted them to rebuild it. Of course I said no, I love character marks in wood. But they were willing to rebuild the guitar just for that tiny little inclusion. These guys make great guitars but they are also a class act.
Honestly I dont see a thing, but the owner of the green Sunset beauties above received one of the two with a finish crack in the joint due to the courier being very rude. It wasnt Schecter's fault, at all, but they wanted the guitar back to build a new one, and they did. Kudos.

This is a 2008 USA Custom Shop- cane with Seth Lovers buy changed to Schecter pickups. Love the Pasadena pups. Split incredibly well.

View media item 69933
I LOVE this PT, it just screams Rock tones. Agree on the Pasadena, great pickup, balanced, articulate, great for both rhytm and solos.

Drew816

Silver Supporting Member
'13 USA CET all original, untouched. What does THAT matter you ask? Man, I mess with EVERY guitar I get, I can't keep out of them. Tuners, pickups, pots, whatever; besides a tune-up/setup this guitar needed nothing. Now I'm not a huge fan of the Duncan Blackouts, they are very "rock" and hard to back off; too hot for my tastes really. And maple necks aren't on the top of my list either. The Floyd Pro isn't an improvement, I do not like the little fine tuners but I've gotten used to it and it's behaved since I got it all setup.

Sounds like I'm picking it apart, no, just "personal tastes" that most people would like or couldn't care less about! This guitar is a complete monster! And the looks, fit and finish?! I think you'd have to get into $4-6k guitars before you might find some differentiation.

Zado

It's probably the most versatile bridge pickup i have tried.
It's not as hot as a dmarzio tone zone but far smoother and cuts through a mix much better.
According to Schecter it's their cut-thru-mix go to pickup, I guess they are right then! I only tried it once, it was stock in a Sunset USA model, but it impressed me, spectacular pickup for 80's rock. Also smooth, but not super smooth like a BKP Holy Diver. Great pickup, I even though about swapping my Pasa for one, but I love the Pasa so much...

major-minor

I know the monster tones aren't for everybody but I really like them. High output, with the ability to tame them with the push/pull "tap".

PatriotBadger

One of the funny things about Schecter is that they have been in the pickup game as long as Seymour Duncan, and just 4 years shorter than Dimarzio. I'll never understand how some people get all excited because their guitar came from the factory with Duncans or Dimarzios, but they get something with Schecter pickups and automatically assume they stink and they won't like them. Funny bunch, guitarists.

cardinal

+1 I ordered some guitars with unusual specs that they weren't familiar with (8 string Floyd, Gotoh stealth tuners, tortoise shell binding). But they didn't bat an eye: just asking thoughtful follow up questions and testing to see what they could do, and then executed flawlessly.

Zado

I know the monster tones aren't for everybody but I really like them. High output, with the ability to tame them with the push/pull "tap".
Monstertones are an amazing design as you'd expect from TomAnderson. They are hotter than regular singles, but not compressed like many hot singles, articulate with lots of spank and sag in full model. Lovely to play Rainbow stuff.

One of the funny things about Schecter is that they have been in the pickup game as long as Seymour Duncan, and just 4 years shorter than Dimarzio. I'll never understand how some people get all excited because their guitar came from the factory with Duncans or Dimarzios, but they get something with Schecter pickups and automatically assume they stink and they won't like them. Funny bunch, guitarists.
Eh, I see plenty of players in Schecter Facebook group swapping the stock CS pickups for the trend of the month, sometimes even before they have tried the guitar for a couple of days, which is a shame..

M@tt C

Silver Supporting Member
Just picked up this immaculate 2105 California Custom Elite last weekend.... I've owned several Suhr's, PRS, and have played Andersons, and this guitar absolutely goes toe-to-toe with any of them. Stunningly good build quality, playability, and versatility. Love the Mostertone singles, dig the SuperRock bridge BUT I am thinking about dropping a Sunset Strip in for a little more of a JB vibe. Just a killer guitar, and an incredible deal on the used market.

6167FD1A-649F-4DAB-9AE5-EB5822A7DD4D.jpeg
tempImageNnaJlL.jpg
tempImage68LFNa.jpg

mikesch

Double Platinum Member
I just put in my order for a custom shop Sunset Classic II this week. ETA is April or May of next year. I’m amazed at what these go for, even new. Definitely one of the best deals out there for a custom instrument.

danhops

I had a Korean Solo II and thought it was a great guitar for the $, but got rid of it a few weeks ago. I came across this last week and it’s on a whole other level. It has some light nitro lacquer checking, but other than that, it’s super clean. Feels great and sounds amazing. It’s definitely way more vintage vibed compared to its import counterpart. Full thickness and the neck has some meat on it.

Attachments

Last edited:

Trending Topics