• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Famous players with only 1 or 2 electric guitars, who ?

MDrummey

I always read about how people who see Jeff Beck in concert are usually blown away by how he plays just one guitar for the whole show. Even through all of the twang bar acrobatics it always stays in tune. Would love to get the chance to hear him in person.

StuRdesign

I scrolled through this thread and couldn't find any mention of Steve Cropper. From his early days with Booker T & the MG's, he played an early 60's Tele. See "The Blues Brothers" movie.

I definitely consider Steve Cropper as famous.
He's been playing Peavey Cropper Teles since at least 1991. He's been using his current one for at least 12 years. He gave his Tele and amp from the early MGs recordings to the Smithsonian along with the white Tele from the Blues Brothers.

Telechamp

All of these guitarists are the anti-TGP'ers. I know their kind from rig run down videos. They're like "it just works" and "I don't really know about that stuff, why guitar tech deals with all of it." I hate to admit it, but I see them as being more pure artists, so focused on the painting that the paintbrush doesn't matter. I'm glad I'm not that kind of person, though. I like my material goods.
I remember reading something about McCartney being interviewed by a guitar mag once, and they asked him what kind of bass strings he used. He said "I don't know - the long, skinny kind."

xmd5a

I remember reading something about McCartney being interviewed by a guitar mag once, and they asked him what kind of bass strings he used. He said "I don't know - the long, skinny kind."
It's kind of sad, they seem to be like that with a lot of things. What's your warm up routine? "you know, you just kinda do it", what's your writing process like? "we took some jams into the studio, came out with twenty songs, put ten of them on the album". What's the story behind this song? "I wrote it in my hotel room, in about twelve minutes." It's like they have "it" and we who must ask, don't, and there's not much more to it than that. The more I think about it, the more I appreciate being on this side of the grand facade.

Telechamp

It's kind of sad, they seem to be like that with a lot of things. What's your warm up routine? "you know, you just kinda do it", what's your writing process like? "we took some jams into the studio, came out with twenty songs, put ten of them on the album". What's the story behind this song? "I wrote it in my hotel room, in about twelve minutes." It's like they have "it" and we who must ask, don't, and there's not much more to it than that. The more I think about it, the more I appreciate being on this side of the grand facade.
Could be. Or maybe they just aren't "gear heads" like us, and live for the song and making the music.

Nothing wrong with that.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom