Fane axa10 in a princeton clone?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by timsmcm, Feb 25, 2012.

1. timsmcm

timsmcm Member

Any of you fane users think this fane would be a good marriage with a black face Princeton reverb clone? I am building this as close as possible to the original circuit and thought that the fane with its 100db at 1 watt sensitivity and good bottom end would be a good match. Any thoughts?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  2. solitaire

solitaire Senior Member

Haven't tried that speaker in that amp, but knowing the speaker and amp I'd say it could turn out great! The brightness of the Princeton and the full tone of the Axa would make it a super combination. Possibly a bit on the laid-back side.

3. FFTT

FFTT Member

I think the AXA10 may only be pre drilled for 4 mounting posts, otherwise
    excellent choice.

4. Kelsey

Kelsey Member

I've tried a few 10" speakers in SF non-reverb Princetons. My favorites were the Jensen Neo 10, Celestion G10S-50, and Jensen Falcon. The latter is less efficient than the first two. I liked the balanced tone from all of these better than that from a Jensen Mod 10-35, Weber 10F150T, or a Fane ceramic (don't recall the model, but it was a 75-watter, NOS and discontinued). Not much help, I guess.

5. soulohio

soulohio Member

I have played a couple Princeton Reverbs with the Celestion Vintage 10, and it sounds great but definitely less "Fendery"....i think the Axa 10 would be a great choice.