Fane speakers assistance

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by leighianson, Apr 28, 2016.

1. leighianson

leighianson Member

Recently I've been checking out different speaker options for a Hamstead artist 20rt head that I'm just about to order, and I have come across an opportunity to purchase some discontinued fane speakers and thought I'd ask for some opinions.

The shop is trying to clear out their stock and has some Medusa's (150, 150C, and 100), Studio 12L's and AXA10's for pretty great prices.

Just wondering which speakers would work best with the Hamstead? It's an EL34 Cathode biased circuit if that helps.

Thanks

2. Kyle Ashley

Kyle Ashley Supporting Member

I can't help you much, but I have a Medusa 150C and LOVE IT with my Bogner Barcelona. I tried the new F70 and F90 Fane Ascension series speakers, but didn't care for them as much as the discontinued models you mentioned. If that shop is willing to ship overseas to USA, let me know and I'll grab another Fane or two if they have some to spare.

3. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

Please give me the contact information for the shop, I LOVE me some Fanes and I can't get any of the discontinued ones (PM me).

Medusa: guitar centric, similar in some ways to a greenback-sweet clean and mean crunch
    AXA10-should be alnico, same sweet clean but chimier, big Vox style overdrive
    12L: Fane's answer to a JBL or EV speaker, big, clean and really hard to break up

71strat likes this.
  4. MasterEvan07

MasterEvan07 Supporting Member

5. FFTT

FFTT Member

150-C and AXA10 are now virtually unobtanium.

150-C must have hard rock speaker. Holds together no matter what you throw at it.

The AXA10" in a 10" cab with a 20 watter pushing it would be really nice too.

The 150-C and the 12L in a good 2X12 would make a killer festival cab.

71strat likes this.