• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Fanned frets - best value for the buck?

Chris Pile

I'm talking electrics here - not 8 strings, not 7 strings, but 6 strings for normal folks wanting a tighter tone from the bottom end. I've been intrigued of late, and want to experiment without killing my piggy bank.

xzacx

I think a Strandberg Boden OS 6 might be your best bet. The only problem I have with Strandberg 6s is that the neutral fret is the zero fret, so it actually feels like a more extreme fan as you go higher up the neck, as opposed to the 7s, which have their neutral fret at the 7th, and then fans in each direction. (I also think their EndurNeck profile feels better as a 7, just because it's wider and feels more natural to me.)

Chrome Dinette

Novax sells fanned 6 string necks that fit strats and teles.

I tried an Agile 7 string once, but didn't bond with it. The fanning wasn't hard to adapt to, but I was not up to dealing with an extra string at the time and the guitar was kind of dead sounding.

Trending Topics