Fano PX6 bodies?

morgan918

I love the more angular shape of the PX6 than a NR-firebird, but the prices are steep and thought maybe I'd do a build. Has anybody seen this body shape around? I can't seem to find it and I'm guessing it's proprietary.

idlewilder

Rosser guitars used to make some like that I believe. They're not making anymore so check ebay before they're all gone (if any are still left).

morgan918

Rosser guitars used to make some like that I believe. They're not making anymore so check ebay before they're all gone (if any are still left).
Thanks, I'll try there.

EDIT: Looks like they've stopped altogether. Ebay and their site are empty.

Last edited:

dansworld

Gold Supporting Member
<<<<<<< It really is a wonderful and cool shape. I have two PX6's and can't get enough of them!

morgan918

<<<<<<< It really is a wonderful and cool shape. I have two PX6's and can't get enough of them!
Yeah, it's kind of perfect. Not as out there as an explorer but not as rounded as a NR-Firebird. I'm trying to figure out if I can just suck it up to buy a real PX6. The clips that I've heard are incredible. I'd be looking for one with P90s. But 3k...ouch.

dansworld

Gold Supporting Member
Yeah, it's kind of perfect. Not as out there as an explorer but not as rounded as a NR-Firebird. I'm trying to figure out if I can just suck it up to buy a real PX6. The clips that I've heard are incredible. I'd be looking for one with P90s. But 3k...ouch.
They sound incredible with P90's...although for a change of pace I'd like to try one with Mini-buckers.

morgan918

Yeah, I wonder how firebirdy it gets with minis? I like mini's in les pauls, but otherwise I'm not always a huge fan.

This one at Lark is killing me.....

morgan918

I was JUST looking at that one. She's a beaut!!!
I know!!! I bought a to-die-for 335 recently which emptied the coffers, otherwise I'd be all over this. I wish Fano would do a Standard series version of the PX6. For $1800 I'd buy it right now, but when you get closer to 3k, that's a lot of dough...

dansworld

Gold Supporting Member
I know!!! I bought a to-die-for 335 recently which emptied the coffers, otherwise I'd be all over this. I wish Fano would do a Standard series version of the PX6. For $1800 I'd buy it right now, but when you get closer to 3k, that's a lot of dough...
You see, I have been hankering for a 335 but my dog needed two surgeries which ate up more than my entire tax refund.

Actually, just before she injured herself I was literally moments away from pulling the trigger on this baby:

Trending Topics