• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Fano Standard Series

detroiter711

Any love out there for the Fano standard series guitars? I have had my eye on a JM6 with humbuckers. The only issue is that there are none nearby to try out. Chicago Music Exchange has them, but that is a 4.5 hour drive. Any feedback is appreciated. I hear that these are being made by Grover Jackson's team.

TattooedCarrot

Ferro Picta Carota
Silver Supporting Member
I don't own one but I've played them at Wild West Music and I like them. But IMO they are way overpriced new for what they are. There are some decent used deals out there though as they don't seem to hold their value real well. I thought they were built by Gene Baker's Premiere Builder's Guild - www.premierbuildersguild.com

John C

Gold Supporting Member
I don't own one but I've played them at Wild West Music and I like them. But IMO they are way overpriced new for what they are. There are some decent used deals out there though as they don't seem to hold their value real well. I thought they were built by Gene Baker's Premiere Builder's Guild - www.premierbuildersguild.com
Premier Builder's Guild parted ways with Gene Baker in 2015 - PBG shut down their Arroyo Grande factory that Gene had set up and everything. Gene kept his B3 brand and has it going as a smaller operation. Fano is the only guitar brand that Premier Builder's Guild has left and they are currently built by Grover Jackson's GJ2 factory. I thought that I read somewhat that the Fano Standard models were going to use imported bodies/necks (and just be assembled by GJ3) to keep the costs down, but I couldn't find anything about that when I looked today so it might be the same deal as Suhr's Pro Series - with no options they can do them in batches instead of everything being a one-off.

cinnamongrizzly

Silver Supporting Member
They are good guitars, but not in the same league as the Gene Baker PBG Alt De Facto models IMO. Every one I've tried has felt a little overpriced to me. At about the same price point, check out a Suhr Alt T Pro perhaps?

morgan918

I played a bunch a few weeks back. I was interested the SP6. I thought they looked cool but didn't exactly feel like an $1800 guitar, IMO. Very nice, played and setup well, but just seemed pricey. Felt more like $1300-1400 instruments. I did get to try one of the higher end models and that felt more like what I expected I guess.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom