• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Fans of the elusive NOS Nocaster: A pricing question

TMock

Calling all fans of THE big-neck tele.

I've been hunting for a great deal on a great NOS nocaster (butterscotch, honey, or vintage white). I won't pay the really high dealer prices, but the used pricing is all over the map. The unusual colors go used for around $1,800. They're cool looking, but I'm more of a traditionalist. I followed two traditional NOS ones on eBay, one brand new going for $2,100 and one used one listed for $2,600! :huh So (a) was the new one priced really well, (b) the used one priced really high, or (c) other? :D

Do any of you have a feel for what a good price is for a clean used NOS nocaster in a traditional color?

shuie

GC blew them out for ~$1600 maybe two years ago. Those were NOS, not the closet classics or relics. IMO, $1800 is fair, but about as high as I would go for a NOS. I was happy to take $1750 for a really great sounding 7lb relic with both cases and a spare set of Don Mare Broadcaster pickups about 6 months ago. There are a lot of them out there, so look for a good deal. You should be able to find a nice Nocaster for well under $2k these days.

TMock

GC blew them out for ~$1600 maybe two years ago. Those were NOS, not the closet classics or relics. IMO, $1800 is fair, but about as high as I would go for a NOS. I was happy to take $1750 for a really great sounding 7lb relic with both cases and a spare set of Don Mare Broadcaster pickups about 6 months ago. There are a lot of them out there, so look for a good deal. You should be able to find a nice Nocaster for well under $2k these days.

Wow! Good to know, Shuie! You probably just saved me a lot of dough, because I was pretty seriously eyeing up the one at $2,100.

shuie

If you can play it and it's great, then go for it. I'm not saying they are not worth more than $1800, just that I wouldn't pay more than that for one I bought on the web. Good luck.

carrjimi

Silver Supporting Member
I just bought a 2008 NOS from Wilwood Guitars for $2000. It was used in new condition. They sold the guitar to a guy for $2600 a month earlier and he traded it back for another guitar.

Wilwood special orders many of their nocaster with a 9.5 Radius and modern wiring. I'm sure that costs more.

i think $1800-2300 is a fair price for a Nocaster. I love mine.

There was one here, begging for a new home, just a few weeks ago.

Exact price I don't recall but less than either of those numbers. I remember me and a couple other guys explaining how we'd gotten unsold NOS No-Casters for amounts like $ 1,460.00; this sort of thing.

Flinto2002

I bought mine from GC about a year and a half ago for maybe $1475 or something like that.

At that price....well worth it, at $1800 ehh I dunno. The vintage radius and frets made it difficult to play, but the tone....wow, it gave up the goods.

Trending Topics