Fargen Blackbird 6L6 Combo Clips w/band

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Lution, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Lution

Lution Member

My band Plastic Orange just got done recording our new EP.
    These clips are full band, but some of the intros are just my guitar.

Here is my setup:
    Fender Telecaster Deluxe RI
    Ibanez Universe UV777GR

Barber Silver LTD/Barber DDSS/Line6 Echo Park/Peterson Strobostomp/Line6 Verbzilla - Fargen Blackbird 6L6 40watt Combo

I keep the Blackbird clean, but loud, and use the LTD for a little grit then goose it with the DDSS.

listen here: http://www.myspace.com/plasticorangemusic

myspace squashes things pretty bad, but you can get the idea. The Blackbird gives me a really rich organic blackface sound and takes to pedals very well.

Ben Fargen is THE MAN!!

-Lution

2. Bajan

Bajan Member

I picked up a Blackbird 40 combo recently and it is fantastic. Great Fender tones that are very warm and buttery. The thing I really love is how the amp feels. Lots of things are described as responsive and touch sensitive, this amp is the first one I have owned that really is those things. And my Tim sounds killer with it too.

Shane

3. Lution

Lution Member

you've hit it spot on. Warm, buttery, very responsive to touch.

I love how I can barely massage the strings and it's delicate as a flower petal.... then dig in deep and it will roar like a lion.

4. Bajan

Bajan Member

Yup, that's the Blackbird. The other cool thing is how the treble control can take the amp form that warm, buttery tone to more bright and sparkley if you want. I also love the reverb, less splashy than the traditional Fender BF. I find it easier to dial in just the right amount whereas the Fender reverb tends to go from off to too much very quickly.

Shane