Fargen Mini Plex Mk2 - LOW TV volume clip

nsriley

Last night I bonded more with my Fargen. Man it's a sweet a$$ed setup for LOW volume jammin. I mean it sounds wicked cranked up, but the wife doesn't tolerate that anymore, and once the baby comes no way I can play much louder than a TV at low volume.

I recorded with with the power scale set so low I could hear my guitar strings over it while recording. Maybe as loud as a TV at lower volumes. Nice chimey medium gain Marshall tone, in 70's setting. '62 Strat, bridge pup. I kicked on my chorus and phaser in parts for an authentic Lifeson early Rush tones about midway. I had a tad too much reverb mixed in from a pedal and had the amp treble up a tad too much. But enough excuses, I dig! :dude

http://riley-music.com/Music/Guitar Stuff/Fargen-MP2-62-Strat.mp3

soli528

Look, my first gold medal.
Gold Supporting Member
Liking it! Once you get that PS circuit dialed- you can do just about anything with this amp at any volume. That sounded much louder than TV volume. What did you use for a mic/interface? What kind of speaker is in the Scumback cab? Thanks for posting!

nsriley

Liking it! Once you get that PS circuit dialed- you can do just about anything with this amp at any volume. That sounded much louder than TV volume. What did you use for a mic/interface? What kind of speaker is in the Scumback cab? Thanks for posting!
Thanks. That was an SM57 up close on the grill angled a bit of axis. I use a Line6 Toneport for my Mic interface. Scumback M75 HP speaker.

Yeah once you get it dialed in well it sound great at whisper volumes.

Free what's with the head slap? No likey?

dzo

Thanks for posting. It's great to hear a clip at volumes I usually have to play at.

voojo

I feel like a junky getting my fix on these clips while I wait for my amp back from the Fargen Hot Rod Shop! Keep em coming! Sounds great!

Seth

soli528

Look, my first gold medal.
Gold Supporting Member
voojo- you're really covering all the Fargen ground with that lineup! I get most of those sounds with a Bordeaux, but there's a high gain thing going on the VOS side that you may be missing. I think you may need to call Ben back and ask him to send yet another creation back with your MP2!

voojo

voojo- you're really covering all the Fargen ground with that lineup! I get most of those sounds with a Bordeaux, but there's a high gain thing going on the VOS side that you may be missing. I think you may need to call Ben back and ask him to send yet another creation back with your MP2!
Soli528, yeah I went a little Fargen crazy! I actually just put the Olde 800 in the emporium, as it's kind of redundant with my Mighty Plex on the way back. Since the Mighty Plex Mk2 has the VOS switch on the back, that should suffice. When my amp was the Mini, the VOS mode was pretty cool, kind of smoothed the Marshally raunch.

NSRiley, again the clips sound great! Keep it up.

andyk

Silver Supporting Member
Two words: Awe some!!! Love that tone, and at low volumes, excellent! I was waiting for Geddy to start singing when you did Fly by Night. Very cool.

nsriley

Two words: Awe some!!! Love that tone, and at low volumes, excellent! I was waiting for Geddy to start singing when you did Fly by Night. Very cool.
I appreciate the kind words. I'm in love with this amp!

PlexiFuzz

I know karate. Voodoo, too.
I hate having a new job---I miss all the good threads. Just happened upon this thread after taking my own MK2 for a spin in 80s mode (worked some Dokken tonight).

Nice work nsriley! It's cool that you're taking the time to do clips. I need to figure out to do that myself someday ...

BAN

nsriley

I hate having a new job---I miss all the good threads. Just happened upon this thread after taking my own MK2 for a spin in 80s mode (worked some Dokken tonight).

Nice work nsriley! It's cool that you're taking the time to do clips. I need to figure out to do that myself someday ...

BAN
NICE! What settings are you using for your 80's Dokken sounds? I haven't messed with my 80's setting much. I might try a 10 band EQ pedal with mine in 80's mode to really get metal tone. But I'm curious on what your setting yours up as.

farlowhigh

great clips...I am LOVING this amp...I just got a (barely) used orange Miniplex II in the mail the other day (Thanks again, Duke!)...this amp is really inspiring and I just love it in combination with a ES-335...gainy growling heaven and you can definitely get some cool Husker Du types sounds (New Day Rising, Zen Arcade) for those old enough to remember them as a different sort of 80's sound...The Gibson on the 80's setting with the VOS switch engaged is a REALLY cool sound...crazy amount of great tones in this thing...I really like the decades switch as it makes it like 3 amps in one!

great amp!

Dumo

Actually, I'm looking for a combo and he didn't have one on his online store wiseguy.:rolleyes:

Trending Topics