Fargen Mini Plex Mk2 users - pedals?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by nsriley, Mar 11, 2008.

1. nsriley

nsriley Member

I was wondering what you Fargen Mini Plex Mk2 users might be using to goose your amp? :dude

2. Trotter

Trotter Supporting Member

My MI Crunchbox and MI Blues Pro seems to match up nicely...

Also a EXH LPB-1 or Black Finger Compressor can make the MiniPlex sound pretty big!

3. PlexiFuzz

PlexiFuzz I know karate. Voodoo, too.

Currently waiting on a Tim.

Have tried the Silver Kiss Mk2 and it works exceptionally as a dirty boost with that super-effective EQ. I didn't keep it though, because I wanted more clean output.

Also tried boosting with with the Skreddy Screw Driver and it worked really well (but I use that as my main OD with my Sewell, so it won't be used with the Fargen).

Finally, I used a custom drive made by Earthquaker Devices to goose it. This pedal has different clipping options, and I was using it as a germanium booster. Worked great.

Basically, the amp likes to be goosed. Slamming the amp when in 70s mode gets some wonderful VH1 tones.

4. Tonesmiths

Tonesmiths Member

The ZVEX Box of Rock pairs perfectly with my MP. When A/B'ed the OD tones sound very close to those of the amp when pushed in the 60's JTM-45 mode. The BOR also features an adjustable clean boost function which essentially turns the MP into a four channel amp when set clean. (Clean, Clean + Boost, OD or OD + Boost). Hope this helps. Keep us posted on your decision.
    -Bender

5. nsriley

nsriley Member

Thanks for your ideas guys. I couple of those I have, just haven't messed with them yet, and a few I don't have. I do use a Klon now as a clean boost, which is cool, but sometimes I want a little more gain on tap. I kinda wished I still had my OCD.

6. Kojack19

Kojack19 Silver Supporting Member

Any of you have any clips you can share with your MKII? I just ordered my last week and it is going to be a long wait! Especially since I am ampless since I had to put my swart on ebay to pay for it!!!