Fat 50's coil direction??

Gary

Silver Supporting Member
Anybody know which direction the coils are on a fat 50's, 2016 strat, bridge pup?? Clockwise/Counterclockwise?? I'm gonna replace the pup with a Fralin, I want to keep things in phase. Thanks for any help, Gary

Gary

Silver Supporting Member
Hey G, thanks for trying to help me out. I guess I'll just pull the pup outta there and send it to Fralin. Let him determine what the deal is. Thanks again. Gary

ProfRhino

Hey G, thanks for trying to help me out. I guess I'll just pull the pup outta there and send it to Fralin. Let him determine what the deal is. Thanks again. Gary
that's the safe way, but it's easy enough to determine yourself, following that link. :dunno
in any case, only your own PU counts.
Fender have variations of everything, some Fat 50 sets were RW/RP, others were straight, and basically there are no records.
so ymmv,
Rhino

Gary

Silver Supporting Member
Hey Fess, thanks for your input. This set is RW/RP, the compass I have won't give a correct reading either. I've gotten both north up and south up readings from the same pup. But the needle seems real loose, one tip hits the compass face, the other tip hits the glass, I think that's why I'm not getting a correct reading. Once I pull the pup, I'd be able to tell the coil direction wind. I was just trying to avoid putting the guitar outta commission, but that seems to be the safest bet. Thanks again for your response. Take care, Gary

Trending Topics