fat bottom cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by wasp, Feb 10, 2008.

1. wasp

wasp Member

i really like the idea of the vht 2 x 12 fat bottom cab. (looks like it would be great for home use. (space saver). are these any good? give me some really good cab makers to check out. tks!

2. phatster

phatster Member

I use a rivera 1-12 and it is ridiculous how small amps suddenly come to life.Mine is the smaller of the two that rivera offers.Some metal players love the chunka-chunka stuff but I like how it helps the main amp stay within its own personality,one of the best tone purchases I have made,

3. vchizzle

vchizzle Supporting Member

VHT cabs are great. I've got a Deliverance 4x12 and I had a VHT 1x12 too. It should give you a really tight focused sound, especially on the bottom end. If you can find one, the Deliverance 2x12, is one I'd probably grab. They are similar to the FB's but IMO they disperse sound in the room better. The FB sound good if you're right in front of them, the D's spread the sound out better to me.

I've heard nothing but great things about http://www.stoneagecustomcabinets.com/

Alot of guys like the Bogner 2x12

Splawn http://www.splawnguitars.com/custenclos.htm

The nice thing about the Splawn and Stone Age are you can order them with different speakers or empty and put your own in. I'm pretty interested in checking out Stone Age. I have a Splawn 4x12 that records awesome has done me well live for 4 years.

4. Crazy Carl

Crazy Carl Member

I've got a standard VHT 212 that kills.

5. IPlayHamers

IPlayHamers Member

I have a rear loaded Diezel 2x12 that has the sickest low end I've ever heard. Really tight and focused. If you can find one, check it out.

6. thegame

thegame Member

My fatbottom 4x12 straight is 14" deep, just like my Bogner 4x12. Are you sure yours is 17" ? Maybe they changed it ?