• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Fat Tuesday - my take on the D-tone

marinblues

I know that there are many tastes and flavours of the D-tone (smooth, strainy, fordish, carltonish, srv-y, santanish, mayerish, etc...). On top of that everyone has their own idea and recollection of what it may be.
This is as close as I get to my idea of a D-tone. (especially after 01:16 when I switch to the bridge pickup).

My D-tone take

Hope you like it. Thanks to Mats for the backing.

Marin

abergdahl

Very cool tone, i bit to mushy for my taste on the neck pickup but then i NEVER use a neck HB with OD, the bridge pup sounds VERY good.
BtW which nermark backing is this, sounds like great fun to play over :dude

Last edited:

marinblues

Anders,

I agree with you about the muddy neck pickup, but, I am told, thats what Les Pauls are supposed to sound like! :)

In all honesty, its difficult to get the right balance with these Burstbucker pickups. In order not to have a piercing bridge, the neck gets a bit muddy. However, it only happens on the lower notes. Around 01:05, I hit the higher notes and the treble comes back.

The backing is the last one Mats posted. Try scrolling a few pages...

thanks. Marin

journo

Hi Anders,

The track is called Fat Tuesday (Fettisdag och semlor :D )and you will find it at BT King in the Jazzrock section second from the top.

Enjoy!

Mats N

shadowbox

Gold Supporting Member
Great playing - always enjoy your clips. Thanks, too, for the link to the backing tracks.

bilbal

Nice Marin. I always dig your clips. This is no exception. You're a great player with a keen sense of tone.

Bill

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Gold Supporting Member
Nice playin Marin...was that a Two Rock amp you used??

thirsty one

Silver Supporting Member
Nice playin Marin...was that a Two Rock amp you used??
^^This^^

Great clip. I am getting a Les Paul next week. I haven't owned one for well over fifteen years. I can't wait to play it through my rig.

TopDog

"jumping the valence"
Gold Supporting Member
Cool, I dug the playing.. nice !!!!

Sounds like a Les Paul to me .I heard some of that signature throatiness.

You need a video camera that keeps up with your picking hand!

Trending Topics