Fat Tuesday - my take on the D-tone

marinblues

I know that there are many tastes and flavours of the D-tone (smooth, strainy, fordish, carltonish, srv-y, santanish, mayerish, etc...). On top of that everyone has their own idea and recollection of what it may be.
This is as close as I get to my idea of a D-tone. (especially after 01:16 when I switch to the bridge pickup).

My D-tone take

Hope you like it. Thanks to Mats for the backing.

Marin

abergdahl

Very cool tone, i bit to mushy for my taste on the neck pickup but then i NEVER use a neck HB with OD, the bridge pup sounds VERY good.
BtW which nermark backing is this, sounds like great fun to play over :dude

Last edited:

marinblues

Anders,

I agree with you about the muddy neck pickup, but, I am told, thats what Les Pauls are supposed to sound like! :)

In all honesty, its difficult to get the right balance with these Burstbucker pickups. In order not to have a piercing bridge, the neck gets a bit muddy. However, it only happens on the lower notes. Around 01:05, I hit the higher notes and the treble comes back.

The backing is the last one Mats posted. Try scrolling a few pages...

thanks. Marin

journo

Hi Anders,

The track is called Fat Tuesday (Fettisdag och semlor :D )and you will find it at BT King in the Jazzrock section second from the top.

Enjoy!

Mats N

shadowbox

Gold Supporting Member
Great playing - always enjoy your clips. Thanks, too, for the link to the backing tracks.

bilbal

Nice Marin. I always dig your clips. This is no exception. You're a great player with a keen sense of tone.

Bill

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Gold Supporting Member
Nice playin Marin...was that a Two Rock amp you used??

TopDog

"jumping the valence"
Gold Supporting Member
Cool, I dug the playing.. nice !!!!

Sounds like a Les Paul to me .I heard some of that signature throatiness.

You need a video camera that keeps up with your picking hand!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom