• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Faustine Phantom Update

Faustine Amps

Hi Guys,

I've been holding off on an update because I am so close to having a "production" Phantom on hand to show you all. But, it's been a while since my last update so... here's the facts.

I'm on my third metal fabrication shop. The shop I'm using now is doing excellent work at the right price and is local, in fact the owner lives two blocks away so that's been real convenient. There have been some issues to straighten out with resizing of the heatsinks and the chassis, but it looks like those issues have been ironed out and I should be getting my Phantom enclosures and heatsinks in the next few days. The poor guys are just hauling ass to make up for the months wasted on the first two metal shops, but their work has been worth the wait. The Phantom is built like a freakin' tank!

All of the electronic parts required to do the first production run have been on my shelves for a few weeks so I've been anxious to start building, but everything has GOT TO BE RIGHT on the mechanical side. The fit and finish... build quality, anodizing, powder coating, laser engraving, even the screws. You guys are paying a lot for this gizmo, so I want you to feel like you're getting the best quality money can buy.

As soon as I get the completed boxes, and I've got one Phantom fully wired up and operating according to spec, I'll be making an announcement here (with pics). We're literally just days away guys. Thanks for your infinite patience!

Regards,
Tim Gregoire

Last edited:

fusionbear

exquirentibus veritatem
Platinum Supporting Member
Having been involved in testing the prototypes, I will testify that you will all be very pleased with the final product. It works amazingly with my Red Iron T-Rex...

Faustine Amps

Well, that's not what was said, if you're talking about this post/thread.
I have a feeling donbarzini is just displaying his brilliant sarcastic wit :rolleyes:.

It will of course work with a Komet Concorde. In fact, Peter Thorn tested the first prototype with his own Connie and was very pleased with the results.

Regards,
Tim Gregoire

Faustine Amps

Can these be ordered direct or is there a list at Tone Merchants?

Thanks
Joe
Hi Joe,

Thanks for your interest. I have no plans for direct sales at this time. Tone Merchants is currently the exclusive dealer for the Faustine Phantoms. I feel very fortunate to be affiliated with them. Great guys, all. You can find their contact info at www.tonemerchants.com.

Regards,
Tim Gregoire

splatt

david torn / splattercell
Platinum Supporting Member
i'm looking forward to this, tim!
dt / spltrcl

cyndicate

Thanks for the Update tim! So how many total are in the first batch? When can us 2nd batch folks expect ours to be in production ? :)

rick13

Silver Supporting Member
so calling tone merchants will get things rolling with a deposit?
Thanks,
Rick

Faustine Amps

Thanks for the Update tim! So how many total are in the first batch? When can us 2nd batch folks expect ours to be in production ? :)
The first batch is for 15 units total. I'm building some of the electronic sub-assemblies now as I wait for the last of the metal fabrication to get finished (this week). Not sure how long the build time will be for these, they are the first production units and I'm still refining my "assembly line" approach to fabricating them. I hope to begin production on the second batch in late April / early May if all goes well.

so calling tone merchants will get things rolling with a deposit?
Thanks,
Rick
Yes, Rick. I've instructed Tone Merchants to take orders for twenty five more for the 2nd production run. Not sure how full that waiting list is at the moment, but I know it's filling up fast. I get e-mails daily from people who got "on the list". As soon as that list is full, I'll go ahead and get all the parts ordered and begin production.

This may seem like an odd approach, but it works for now. I don't have the capital to put a huge stockpile of parts on the shelf, but buying parts in quantity for each production run allows me to keep the cost lower. If I had to order parts seperately for each individual order, the individual Phantom costs would go up even more. If the Phantom is successful, I may someday be able to keep lots of parts on hand and can then take and fill orders individually as Tone Merchants receives them.

Regards,
Tim Gregoire

Last edited: