Faux Country Riffing, Meager attempt.

Texsunburst59

I live in Texas, play in a Texas Country band and don't really do the Country hot rod riffs ala Mason, Paisley, etc........... I've dabbled very little in country type guitar cause I really don't listen to country. I know that sounds weird,but I'm really a 70's rocker at heart who listens to rock and blues. I play country cause we gig a lot and I can stay busy while making good money. Anyway I thought it'd be kinda cool to make a very humble attempt at some barely in the ballpark country riffs. This is the first time I've ever attempted this and I know I couldn't be a hot rod lead guitar player and any GOOD country band,but it was fun taking a stab at it.:)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=633883&content=music

Dickie Fredericks

Silver Supporting Member
70's - 80's Rocker = Country picker these days...

Not a dang thing wrong with that. Love the steel type bends.

Ah... you're a player, no doubt about that.

Good stuff. I like it. Good tone too for the style. I dont even get close to that clean.

Texsunburst59

70's - 80's Rocker = Country picker these days...

Not a dang thing wrong with that. Love the steel type bends.

Ah... you're a player, no doubt about that.

Good stuff. I like it. Good tone too for the style. I dont even get close to that clean.

Thanks Dickie. With all the Nashville chicken pickn' monsters out there, sometimes it's like why even try to attempt anything resembling this type of playing. I guess the more styles you attempt to try and get better at, the more you can grow as a player. Right?

Texsunburst59

Nice job.Your sound and feel remind me of alt country.Me likes!

Hey thanks Billy, I ain't no monster picker like you, and I may never be,but it's sure fun trying to figure this hot rod pickn' stuff out. I saw your video cover of Brent's Hot Wired,and MAN you can chicken pic like a MOFO. :)

andybaylor

Yeah Man. Very soothing. And that Yamaha sounds/records really well!

Makes me want a ice cold "long neck" Lone Star beer and a big ol' basket of tortilla chips...extra hot salsa please. Gracias.

BTW-Jimmy Page would approve of those bends.

Texsunburst59

Yeah Man. Very soothing. And that Yamaha sounds/records really well!

Makes me want a ice cold "long neck" Lone Star beer and a big ol' basket of tortilla chips...extra hot salsa please. Gracias.

BTW-Jimmy Page would approve of those bends.

Muchas Gracias Amigo, coming from a HOTSHOT like yourself this is a great compliment. :D

Dickie Fredericks

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks Dickie. With all the Nashville chicken pickn' monsters out there, sometimes it's like why even try to attempt anything resembling this type of playing. I guess the more styles you attempt to try and get better at, the more you can grow as a player. Right?

You're quite welcome sir. I agree that the more styles you try to incorporate the better you get. (I better incorporate a few more LOL)

Its just a matter of what you want to be as a player. Id like to be well rounded and be able to jam with the Lerners and Lucidos one day on the stuff they are comfortable playing.

Plus, I just really dig all styles of guitar playing.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom