Fav Tremolo w/ Tap Tempo???

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jokerjkny, Sep 16, 2006.

1. jokerjkny

jokerjkny Member

hey all,

been using my DD-6 w/ tap tempo, but its a little annoying to have to wait for it to engage the tap tempo before actually tapping 'em out.

heard good things about the Cusack trem and the Empress trem, but are there any others i should take note?

2. onestop

onestop Silver Supporting Member

Recently purchased the Empress to replace my Fulltone Supa-trem and so far...I LOVE IT! Really cool features with the different wave forms (square, triangle and tube) and it has a rhythm knob which gives you the tremelo effect in some pretty cool rhythm patterns.

I highly recommend the pedal :AOK

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny Member

4. iggs

iggs Member

Just got back from the studio where we used the Cusack TAW and it's awesome! Super transparent and great options and features. Tap tempo saved our a$$ in the studio ... last time we used the Red Witch, and it sounded great but without tap tempo, it took us forever to sync it up with the click.

5. jokerjkny

jokerjkny Member

6. Jatmosphere

Jatmosphere Supporting Member

The Empress just ROCKS! what a great pedal! awesome tap trem, sine wave options, 2 speed leslie simulation and chopper copter effects... thanks Steve!

7. jamison162

jamison162 Member

Isn't it easier in the studio to use a quality plugin and set the tempo by the click track. That is if your locked into a certain tempo.

8. mattc41

mattc41 Member

i will admit i've never played the empress, which im sure is a great pedal. however i have used the cusack alot live and some in the studio, and it works fantastic. i've had numerous complements on the trem sound. the flexibility with the tap tempo and different wave forms is awesome.

9. whoismarykelly

whoismarykelly Oh look! This is a thing I can change!

I have two empresses and they are awesome pedals. I prefer the external gain knob over the Cusack's internal trim.