Fave / Best Find at NAMM 2014

Rod

Tone is Paramount
Gold Supporting Member
Kempers new PC editor for all those amps...wait, I have a MAC

Rick Lee

I saw Frank Gambale and Alain Caron last night and feel like I wasted the last 30 yrs by not following those two sooner. That performance was a game changer for me. And Greg Howe's band was amazing too.

musicman10_1

Silver Supporting Member
It is nothing new but the Jackson 30 Anni Soloist guitars are just incredible and takes me right back to a cool time in my life and guitar playing history.

I think that the current wave of boutique pedal building is fantastic and the NAMM show really had a lot to see in terms of cool pedals. The Wampler stuff was awesome.

I also think that the new Fender solderless pickup / card system is pretty cool (and will hopefully spawn some other innovation that will work with the system that they have developed.)

I've got one day left to discover other things at the show . . .

flcmcya

Silver Supporting Member
Tiny tap trem called a Starla....... really nice acoustics as well...trying to leave without spending all my jack!

Of course a couple new demo girls that I didnt see last year! :omg

thrashmetl

Saw Greg Koch ripping it up at the Fishman display. I can die a happy man now. As far as products go, didn't see anything that tickled my pickle.

paranoid70

I met Mr. Egnater (of Egnater) amps. Even though I am a nobody he was really cool to me and showed me all the details about his amps. Even handed me a PRS to play when plugging into the amp. Great guy.

tonemeister20

Silver Supporting Member
1. 65 Amps Whiskey (purchased)
2. Gibson 335s- Chris Robinson, Warren Haynes and Alvin Lee. All have components I really like. (haven't made up my mind)
3. Tone King Majesty (purchase pending)
4. Supro. (Waiting to investigate further. When it shows up in local stores will go over in more detail. Not into flipping gear these days so I want to make sure)
5. Duesenberg Mike Campbell double cut (saving cash for purchase)

mattball826

Kempers new PC editor for all those amps...wait, I have a MAC
i have so much gear that some can work on mac and others on pc. these days it requires both os imo. unless you want to wait.

i think what bugged me more about my mac editors was when they would no longer work with any new osx version or the mac version was stripped down compared to w version. happened often. half my studio gear and midi editors for them would not run on my mac after osx changes and not at all on my newer imac. i bought win pc. at least i can use the editors.

i think kemper will move a bit faster. they have retail dealers and retail customers.