• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Favorite 70s soft rock

RDerek59

Anyone remember this song? This song always reminds me of being snowed in at the Anchorage Int'l airport waiting for a connector flight with my parents wearing bell-bottom jeans

V-man

I was a defenseless child at this stage in existence. These were the songs that I was subjected to. Unsurprisingly, I became a diehard thrash metal fan.

This is ONE year off, but pretty much sums up the impatience, frustration and anxiety attacks experienced in all the waiting rooms at the time...

htm62

Beat me to it. They're like the quintessential soft rock band. I can't imagine what going to one of their shows would have been like. Lots of feathered hair and flaired pants, I imagine.

I got to see Bread in 1978 at the old Louisville Gardens. They were an amazing group if that was your thing.

GAT

Platinum Supporting Member
I went to a Bread concert with a bunch of teenaged girls... it ended up being a "good" night for me.

HoboMan

Gold Supporting Member
Another one from Bread

Had to come back and add this one.
He tells who the song is about.
Brings whole new meaning to the song.

BuckshotJenkins

Gold Supporting Member
I don't know these bands' entire catalogs but I often listen to these songs often (more fun to sing to than "newer" songs):

Brandy - Looking Glass
Diamond Girl - Seals and Crofts
Ventura Highway and Tin Man (and even You Can Do Magic) - America
Sundown - Gordon Lightfoot
Gimme Some Water - Eddie Money

also a good smattering of David Bromberg
Tea For The Tillerman

Dumo

Silver Supporting Member
Beat me to it. They're like the quintessential soft rock band. I can't imagine what going to one of their shows would have been like. Lots of feathered hair and flaired pants, I imagine. <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrRONd34bIs">YouTube Link</a>
Dude, My Danocaster is a Bread replica! Sweet!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom