Favorite "amp-in-a-box" pedal

omahaaudio

I have three of the Tech21 character series (Blonde-Fender, Leeds=HiWatt, Liverpool=Vox) and they're all my favorite.

zztomato

For me, the only pedal that has ever qualified as "amp in a box" is the BJFE Honey Bee. Lots of great OD pedals out there but it's basically the engine of my board. It responds like an amp when pushed by other boosts and ODs. On it's own it's like a small combo cranked up. It's the one OD pedal that has remained in one form or another for the last 12 years of my playing. Great, great design.

Custom50

Bogner Uberschall is my favorite....but I've only tried like 3 amp in a box pedals haha

IRG

For me, the only pedal that has ever qualified as "amp in a box" is the BJFE Honey Bee. Lots of great OD pedals out there but it's basically the engine of my board. It responds like an amp when pushed by other boosts and ODs. On it's own it's like a small combo cranked up. It's the one OD pedal that has remained in one form or another for the last 12 years of my playing. Great, great design.
Yeah I was thinking about my Honey Bee too. I also really like the Xotic SL Drive. But I don't tend to buy too many amp in a box type of pedals.

jdel77

Anything Kingsley. My favourites are the Jouster and Minstrel. High gain tube driven fury that runs off 12v but internally converts to 240v. Literally hand soldered turretboard tube pre amps in a box.

Lolaviola

Silver Supporting Member
Just scored a Model H for cheap. It can really sound like a cranked big amp, with a good ammount of gain.

L0ki

Bearfoot Model G does wonderful things, great tone and dynamics.

I pretty fond of the Catalinbread SFT and 5f6, too, and don't forget the DLSIII

Jet Age Eric

For a specific amp emulator, DLS MKIII. Other pedals are more amp like in general, or more like MY amp, but I think the DLS does a great job of turning a non-Marshall into a Marshall. -E

Trending Topics