• Gaucho

Votes: 13 6.9%
  • Two Against Nature

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Everything Must Go

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

cbell2112

I voted Can't Buy A Thrill but I mostly just listened to A Decade of Steely Dan for years which is awesome obviously but I am still trying to learn all of the deeper cuts on these records. I would say Reelin In The Years is probably my favorite song followed closely by Kid Charlemagne.

I'd rather tackle the easier guitar parts on Aja before even attempting to play Dias' brilliant solos nfn on Countdown To Ecstacy...

CTE is certainly one of their best, especially for guitarists.
Aja would be my second choice, just for the title track alone.

gennation

I don’t think I remember what songs are on what albums anymore...I haven’t listened to a full album all the way through in over 30 years. I still love them all though but think more about the times when they came out than the album name.

I play SD tribute shows a few times a year and know almost every song like it’s part of my DNA, but I couldn’t tell you what album Reeling in the Years is on but remember the time it first hit the radio waves.

Of course Aja is on Aja, and Gaucho is on Gaucho, etc...but that’s as detailed as I can get and I am a heavy or their music.

really interesting you'd post this. I've never been a SD fan, mostly because I never got into them. So a few weeks ago I forced myself to track their entire catalog. Still not a fan, but at least I can converse a bit more about them now... with that said, I'd have to go with a Greatest Hits album of some sort.

amstrtatnut

I had Pretzel Logic, never listened to it.
Katy Lied, brilliant. Dias is phenomenal.
Aja, Aja for the win for me. The composition and production put it over the top for me.

I did not dig their later output. It seemed soft to me. Did they add Michael McDonald? I think he ruined the Doobie Bros.

Kennybeeinfl

Love them all but l gotta go with Aja. It's as close to perfect as you can be. Not a bad note, sound or second on it.

Trending Topics