Favorite Big Muff and WHY?

Which is your favorite CORE version Big Muff

• Total voters

Drewbaru

I also recently got the Keeley Moon which is an op amp muff with some mods. I didn't notice how right away, but the filter knob seems to leave the bass intact as you turn up the treble. When the filter was less than noon, it sounds amazingly similar to my White Elk, but above that it starts to show the difference. The Moon also has a 3 way mids toggle. So, it might be my current winner.

desertrat07

Silver Supporting Member
Probably the only one I'll ever need. Why? The mid control and toggle make it extremely versatile...and it sounds great.

20220523_073214.jpg

Albion9

I have a 2nd edition version 3 with the rare blue diodes and tropical fish cap. circa 1977 that serves me well. Got it used for $60 bucks back in the early 90s. Looks just like this one except mine has all the knobs. Does Gilmour pretty dang good.

Attachments

• V-3_box_Pothole.jpg
    V-3_box_Pothole.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 14
  • V3_w_fishcapB.jpg
    V3_w_fishcapB.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 10

jinmate

The Wren and Cuff 47 73 is my favorite muff ever, the lows are unbeatable and it has more clarity to the signal than any other muff I've used, almost like a hifi quality to it. Way, way chunkier and more defined than the caprids, which I also love for different reasons.

dronerstone

Of the EHX variants, definitely the Russian Deluxe - it's based on my favorite Muff circuit and has plenty of tone-shaping options.

I have an OG Sanford and Sonny Bluebeard. It’s my second one…first was stolen, and that one was a holy grail for me. The replacement doesn’t have quite the same mojo.

Like others, I love the Hizumitas, but also the Roshi Elf, which sounds the same, but has a less boomy low end, but not as much volume on tap.

I play very noisy, abrasive stuff. Think Godflesh and Big Black. I like a ton of harmonic distortion…but I want those notes to be defined and clear.

Buncha stuff I’d love to try - Supercollider, Hlud Sonic, Monolith, September Sound, Organic Sound.

Really curious about the SUF Melodee Music pedal. Seems very normcore, but the clips I’ve heard come close to my OG Bluebeard.

Top Bottom