Favorite Cheap Clone of Clones?

FF71

Silver Supporting Member
I have a Joyo British Sound and now a Mooer Blues Crab. Might continue to collect them. What are your favourites?

NoiseNinja

- Joyo American Sound for light OD, though it can do everything from clean to medium distortion, light overdrive is what it does best though, in my opinion
- Joyo Orange Juice for heavy OD, also does everything from clean to medium distortion
- Joyo California for heavy distortion, this too can go from clean to heavy distortion, though in my opinion it doesn't do light overdrive well
- Behringer GDI21 for a wide variety of different medium overdrive to medium distortion tones, though it does a few light overdrive and quite heavy distortion tones too.

Edit!:
Update after actually having tried out the pedals mentioned in the context of setting up my new guitar effects chain: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?posts/27634443/

Last edited:

Kevsonic

Silver Supporting Member
Mooer Blues Mood is a particularly good and improved Blues Driver.
Joyo Sweet Baby is wonderful, too.

FF71

Silver Supporting Member
How's the Joyo Ultimate Drive? I heard youtube clips and imo it sounds almost identical to an OCD.

jota

Caline Orange Burst is a great pedal.
Never tried a Klone but I like the Mosky Silver Horse for certain things.

sliberty

Like the OP, the Blues Crab is a favorite of mine. These days, I am also rockin:

Mooer Yellow Comp (Diamond Compressor)
Mooer Hustle Drive (OCD)
Mosky XP Booster (EP Booster)
Mosky Blue Delay (Mad Pro Deep Blue Delay)

FF71

Silver Supporting Member
Like the OP, the Blues Crab is a favorite of mine. These days, I am also rockin:

Mooer Yellow Comp (Diamond Compressor)
Mooer Hustle Drive (OCD)
Mosky XP Booster (EP Booster)
Mosky Blue Delay (Mad Pro Deep Blue Delay)
How's the Hustle Drive?

chandra

How's the Joyo Ultimate Drive? I heard youtube clips and imo it sounds almost identical to an OCD.
Sound is pretty close to an OCD. Great pedal. Picked mine up for 35, and came to the realization that I don’t like the OCD sound that much. But I pull it out every once in awhile for recording. Fantastic pedal.
~~~
The Silver Horse and Deluxe Preamp from Mosky have been my best boost/overdrive purchases for 2028.

sliberty

How's the Hustle Drive?
I like it. I haven't got an OCD currently to compare it to, but it is cool in it's own right regardless of how well (or not well) it stacks up against the real deal. I am not a high gain type of guy, so I keep the gain at modest levels. It's also VERY cool set almost clean, driving into the Blues Crab (maybe my favorite use of it).

johann

I have a full Mooer pedalboard just for fun, love those pedals.
Currently have:
Repeater delay
Echolizer delay
Reecho delay
Ana Echo delay
Ensemble king chorus
E-lady flanger
Ninety orange phaser
Black secret (rat)
Solo (riot)
Green Mile (TS)
Pure Boost (RC Booster)
Yellow comp
Trelicopter tremolo
Blues crab (bluesbreaker)

Ozan

Any of these brands have a mini pedal that can sound like cranked bassman?

metrokosmiko

Silver Supporting Member
It seems there are two versions of it, one that nails it and one that doesn't. I guess I picked up the one that doesn't because it didn't sound nearly as refined as my 1.7. All I can say about the Joyo UD is this: it's very useable on bass.

iama

The Eno Trouble pedal. Sounds great. I bought it cheap and learned it was a clone of an OCD. It's perfect as a low gain boost with my Hot Rod Deluxe. With the Marshall, less so.

Oddly, when the OCD first came out, I didn't like it. Go figure. I'll check out the latest version next time I'm at the store.

Trending Topics